Issue in adding radio button data to database

clarkson

This is my php page where form data is sent to and data is added to database.With this I radio button data doesn't get inserted.Also I tried to modify this using mysqli_real escape(). with the function

<?phpfunction safe($value){   return mysql_real_escape_string($value);}?>

and in code as$username = safe($_POST["username"]); $password = safe($_POST["password"]); But then no data gets inserted to database and errors occur.I am completely new to this so any help please? This is my code.Why doesn't radio button data get inserted?

<?phpsession_start();// If user is logged in, header them awayif(isset($_SESSION["username"])){exit();}$connect=mysqli_connect("localhost","root","","cs1");//check cnnectionif (mysqli_connect_errno($connect)){echo "Failed to connect database".mysqli_connect_error();exit();}$username=$_POST["username"];$password1=$_POST["password1"];$password2=$_POST["password2"];$gender=$_POST["gender"];$sql="INSERT INTO users (username,email,password1,password2,gender) VALUES ('$username','$_POST[email]','$password1','$password2','$gender' )";$query = mysqli_query($connect, $sql);

Have you tried var_dump($_POST) to see if your script even receives the button data? Have you checked for mysqli errors following the query?

Edited by Deirdre's Dad

Yes I tried var_dump($_POST);Then I get this printedarray(5) { ["username"]=> string(3) "der" ["email"]=> string(15) "dfg@hotmail.com" ["password1"]=> string(3) "dse" ["password2"]=> string(3) "dse" ["gender"]=> string(4) "male" }That means my script receives button data right?

Sorry what's MYSQL errors?When I try to use my safe function with mysql_real_escape_string() I get error as Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\new\root\functions\safe.phpon line 3.But that's not elated to the radio button problem

Edited by clarkson

I typed

if (!mysqli_query($connect,$sql )) {    printf("Errormessage: %s\n", mysqli_error($connect));}

and entered dummy values for mu form.then It gets printed this thing,Errormessage: Duplicate entry 'pgh-fth@gmail.com' for key 2