Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'axis'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • W3Schools
    • General
    • Suggestions
    • Critiques
  • HTML Forums
    • HTML/XHTML
    • CSS
  • Browser Scripting
    • JavaScript
    • VBScript
  • Server Scripting
    • Web Servers
    • Version Control
    • SQL
    • ASP
    • PHP
    • .NET
    • ColdFusion
    • Java/JSP/J2EE
    • CGI
  • XML Forums
    • XML
    • XSLT/XSL-FO
    • Schema
    • Web Services
  • Multimedia
    • Multimedia
    • FLASH

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Languages

Found 1 result

  1. I'm sure that there is probably a simple answer to my question but I haven't been able to find it. I have a php web site that I've built for a local community chorus. Its primary purpose is to provide access to mp3 rehearsal files. For this purpose, I built a html5 audio player that works well in IE11, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. In order to limit access to my sites coding, I'm using an axis call to another php file to gather data from an underlying SQL database to build and insert main page content. In this manner, a ctrl-u of the main page will not show the underlying code. During development, my process has been to first build a part in the main web page until I get it working and then transfer the code to my axis call page. This has worked immensely well until now. The last part of this effort was to build the actual audio player, get it working and transfer it to the axis call page. It worked well when the content was on the main page. However, when I transferred the content to the axis call page, those parts of the player operated by jquery functions stopped working. Parts of the player operated by ordinary javascript functions continue to work just fine. Only those parts operated by jquery functions stopped working. My question is why have the jquery functions stopped working while the javascript functions continue to work just fine? Specifically, the jquery functions that have stopped working dynamically change the underlying cascading style sheets (css) for a number of elements that show loading progress, playing progress and playbackRate. They do this by dynamically adjusting the width of each progress bar based upon the amount loaded, played and the playbackRate. I've looked closely at the results coming back from the axis call and the only differences are: Double quotes have been replaced with single quotes; Single quotes nested inside of double quotes have been replaced with "&quot;" (These nested quotes are not used in the affected elements and the elements they are used in seem to be working just fine.; and The returned insert is nested within a <div> not normally used in the main web page. I should add that I've tested the main page code with this nested <div> and found that the application worked just fine. For some reason, the jquery functions are unable to access and change the underlying css when the elements affected are inserted from an axis call but not when they are directly on the main web page. I'd share some code but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that in this forum.
×
×
  • Create New...