Validating passwords?

Guest pberkey

Guest pberkey

Help!Here is what I am attempting to do with no success.I have a web page within a site that I want to have just a password login.If the password is correct it links to another page. If the password is wrong an error message appears. I do not need to retain info from the user nor do I need user specific passwords. Just one password that will be given to select users. My thinking is that this can be done with simple client side script , but not sure how. I currently have a <form> created with a password text field and a submit button. Now I'm stuck.Any ideas out there? :)

It would be pointless to do this with client side scripting. If you did it that way all I would have to do is view the source, decipher you code and I am IN - after all its client side logic.If you want to protect something it HAS to be done on the server - through a scripting language or OS directory security - you're hosting service plan will determine your path/options.

Yeah..I had a friend who tried this ad I viewed his source and his if stament said if password == "...". Too easy!Besides if they know the path of the 'protected' page they can just ype it into the browser since the 'protection' is just client side and on another page.