help

Guest pinky

help please i`ve been tasked to work on an internet banking project . the problem is i don`t know what luanguage to use .i`m quite familiar with vb, java script , java and html. is it possible to use just html and java script

internet banking well i think you should chose a server based laungage.dont think it would be possible to make one with just html and JS.I guess that you want to have a databas that records inputs and all that for the customers. think you should use the following server based laungage

HTMl and Javascript will not be able to anything for you all by themselves. Both are client site languages which means they only do things once they are downloaded/accessed through the web browser.Simply mentioning "internet banking project" almost automatically dictates the use of a server side scripting language like asp, php, jsp, or cold fusion.The ONLY way I know you can do ANY online "banking" (and that's stretching the term) is to go through paypal. They have a means of having your HTML form post to their website (go through their processes) and then return the person back to your site. I've done for several sites, its not too bad.Hope this helps to get you in the right direction. If you can provide a little more information about the project we can be a little more specific as well.P.S. welcome to the fourms!!

What type of banking system are you creating and for who?The fact that you don't seem to grasp the basic technologies needed for this type of complex system makes me nervous...how do you intend to deal with security and making secure transactions.This is far more complicated than just learning a server side language and having a few forms.I would suggest that first you recuit some help from someone with experience building a system like this and then learn JSP or ASP.Net (better yet hire someone who specializes in either language). The reason I suggest these languages is because of their strength in security and user authentication.PHP and ASP are fine but fall short on security measures...session variables are by far not the best methods for authentication and please don't think about using cookies.