Frames

dooberry

I'm trying to use frames in an html page, but I'm running into problems.Is there a way I can control the content of a frame by using html within the frame opening and closing tags instead of using the src attribute?for example:<code><frameset rows="25%, 50%, 25%"> <frame id="headerframe"> <some html here as a header block> </frame> <frame id="bodyframe"> <some html here as the main body (actually a form)> </frame> <frame id="navigateframe"> <input type="button" value="<<Back " onclick="goback" id="previous"/> <input type="button" value="Next >>" onclick="goforward" id="next" /> </frame></frameset</code>I'm trying to do this to make sure that I can reference the controls in some script I am using to submit data through ADO, but it doesn't work (I can't see the frames and the page appears to be continuous). What I am worried about is that if I use the src attribute I will lose the reference to the document's input elements. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.Dooberry

I don't think this is possible. The function of frames is to split your browserwindow into several smaller windows, and you can display one site in each. If you want something displayed in rows to look like frames, I'd suggest using either <div>'s with full page width and for the <div> aligned to the top, a bottom border, and for the bottom <div>, a top border. Or you could make a table:<table><tr><td>"Frame" 1</td></tr><tr><td>"Frame" 2</td></tr></table>and style it with css...

Ok I can see where you're coming from and it's as I suspected.If I look at using the <div> tag, that might do the job (table is good, but there are too many tags to audit for this exercise).Thanks for your help.Dooberry :) P.S. How come it takes so long to get a response in the XSL forum, when you can get a response here this quickly? :)

Probably because there aren't that many people here who are as confident in XSL as they are in HTML/XHTML...