Signatures

Jonas

What is that in? E-xcel.Yes, that is the only office Application I use...And also, wil some one please tear my signiture to theads, if it can be... if not,, telll me, and I will make it fragile, er.

• 4 weeks later...
Also, (one other hobby!) Charles Babbage was the first person come up with a way to break the vigenire cipher.See 'The Code Book' or 'The Craking Code Book' by Simon Singh for more about Babbage in the encrytion world.
Anyway, Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard 'stole' a concept which they were invited to fund (if I remember correct), without giving credit.I've never used a HP device since I foud out about that. Computer history 101.Fermat, if you want your signature be shredded... I see a number of languages which are way over your head (right now) and aren't really urgent if you first want to design a good user experience.I see serversided script, clientsided script, programming language, style language... but if you want to comply with web standards, ECMAscript, DOM, HTML, CSS and (perhaps) XML will do great. (and ofcourse PHP/SQL for transferring and storing data) You're probably not even going for the XMLHttpRequest (aka AJAX), eventho you master everything you need to know to learn that. Your signature tells me you're going for the complicated alternative, which is likely to result in an over-budget page with less-than-intended quality.Hm... don't know if I'm shredding your signature, or your ambitions ^^; anyway, what goes around comes around, so go ahead :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dont know if it belongs here but goin to post heremy new forummy new forumthx mr-antony
Your hunch was right - we do not allow advertising especially as a post about another forum in a topic so completely unrelated.I'd say sorry, but I'm not, please read our rules.

lol nice way to put it skemcin and no need to be so rude is there
Thanks for your feedback. My statements are justified in that it was one of three similar posts by the individual. that have since been removed. The "rudeness" is subject to the individual who interprets my statement. I prefer to label it as "blunt" or "cutting to the chase" or better yet "blatantly honest". Either way, I can understand how people see it as being rude.I did say "please" :) plus, this post saw no light for over two months and the bump is not even really related to the original subject - just I am guilty of the same right now.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but wouldn't it be *somewhat* significant to, maybe, post the signatures on the signature thread just so people can't say "oh I didn't read the signature rules"

lol I was going to say the same thing...he is the real father of the computer.
I remember the first computer courses I ever followed where from a certificate called babbage over 10 years ago, back then we learned the Charles Babbage was the inventor of the computer as we know it today (as a electronic machine).However the Chinese had computers before we had our modern alfabet sinds a countwindow can also be considered a computer.

Your signature tells me you're going for the complicated alternative, which is likely to result in an over-budget page with less-than-intended quality.
One Note: So far, my budget of £0.00 has not been broken.

• 10 months later...
I think that your signature image is huge.
Too huge, and the colours quite an eyesore. Please shrink/preferably remove entirely.

What do you guys think of my sig and avatar?
Where do I start . . .
  1. can't stand image signatures at all - but the majority rule permits them here
  2. way too big
  3. don't understand why one would want to advertise they are in training
  4. doesn't show any extraordinary skill - if it was art, I'd be impressed but still disapprove of its use in this manner
  5. there is a place for advertising/self promotion - your own website
  6. did I mention I can't stand image signatures?
  7. maybe I could put it this way, any image signature, especially this one, is a distraction to the text/threads people come here to read
  8. and much much more...

pumpkin-vomit.jpg(but that's not how I really feel):)

Edited by Skemcin
containing myself

Skemcin:You really need to relax and get in touch with your feelings. What's really up with you and Xalor's sig? Some repressed issues with your father? Maybe someone hit you with a blue and green towel?Come on, man, let it out. We're here for you.

Skemcin:You really need to relax and get in touch with your feelings. What's really up with you and Xalor's sig? Some repressed issues with your father? Maybe someone hit you with a blue and green towel?Come on, man, let it out. We're here for you.
Look, if someone asks for an opinion, I am entitled to give mine. I, otherwise, do not make it a habit of sharing my position on matters unless I am asked by several people, asked several times, or feel rather passionate about the topic - hence my reply here. If you want to read my post and interject some attitude on my part - that's your disposition. I did not make any personal attacks on him, I did not insult, degrade, or belittle him in any way shape or form. I offer blatant constructive criticism. And I do not appreciate you instructing me to relax. You, however, have decided to get personal by bringing in my family (particularly my father) by insinuating I have repressed feelings - that is inappropriate and you need to make sure you refrain from doing that in the future.As for the signature, you ask "What's really up with you and Xalor's sig?", didn't I make myself clear already?

FWIW, I really was trying to be funny. So over the top, I believed, my comments could not be taken seriously. I guess I was mistaken. Skemcin, I apologize publicly. And now I think I'll take a little vacation.
Your reply is worth alot. Just add some emotion icons so there is some indication of your mood. Just one smiley face here or there is often all it takes to understand you were joking. :) if I ended this with :) you would think I was pissed, when I'm actually not. A misunderstanding, is a misunderstanding.:)P.S. No need to take a "vacation"

FWIW, I really was trying to be funny. So over the top, I believed, my comments could not be taken seriously. I guess I was mistaken. Skemcin, I apologize publicly. And now I think I'll take a little vacation.
I got the joke at skemcin even without emoticons, but only in light of having just read the other post with the "retinas throb" and "bandwith crisis" being so over-the-top this had to be the same. Especially the "someone hit you with a blue and green towel" part was hilarious. :)But yeah, emoticons go a long way. :)

I guess I was blinded to humor because of my blazing distaste for image signatures. I apologize for what I can see now as an over reaction to an otherwise harmless continuation of humorous posts.