Gonna happen more stuff here...

Anders Moen

You have to attract more people to come here to the forum! I wanna help people, but it bearly happens things here...and because I live in Norway I'm not logged on on the same time as many others, so I get like 10 topics to answer at once, and then nothing happens for several hours.You should maybe update W3Schools.com (the site itself) and attract more people to come to the forum. I'd love to help building a new site :)Maybe you could arrange a design competition, where the winner get some money...maybe 100 dollars or something?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it were that easy. The moderators volunteer their time as the authors of w3schools.com do not have the time to invest in maintaining the forum. In fact, they loose money by keeping the discussion board online. Thankfully, the moderating team is able to do enough work to limit their interaction. In any respect, a good design is not necessarily bring more people to the site and then forums - there is more work involved than that. I do not think there would be a design contest anytime soon but that doesn't necessarily mean that one could not be organized. Who knows, maybe if the top five designs were submitted to the w3schools authors, they might consider a redesign.

You should maybe update W3Schools.com (the site itself) and attract more people to come to the forum. I'd love to help building a new site :)
I think people are here not only for helps or receive helps but also for making friendmaybe we should think again about Off Topic :)

Who knows, maybe if the top five designs were submitted to the w3schools authors, they might consider a redesign.
Are you talking about a forum redesign, or a site redesign? If you're talking about a site redesign, mhh, I think the actual W3S design is one of the best I've ever seen for sites that provides tutorials: simple and professional. If you're talking about a forum redesign, I think maybe it would not be a bad idea. The standard style is to.. is too standard!
I think people are here not only for helps or receive helps but also for making friendmaybe we should think again about Off Topic :)
I'm here for knowledge, for first. Second, I'm here for learn from experienced people; techincally and umanly. Third, for make friends. :) EDIT: Four, I'm here for learn english language! Lol.

A design competition would get, well, competitive. A competitive environment is not conducive to learning. Since the primary goal of this site and its forums is to educate people and to assist them in the learning process, I would be worried that a design competition would intimidate many folks - especially the ones just learning. I know that if I came to a site that was dubbed as a great learning place and I get there and see all these design well beyond my capabilities, then I'd likely not come back - it would be out of my league.But most of all, this is not a graphic design site - it is primarily an application develop site/forum. If you have design skills you would like to challenge yourself, try something like this. Design, related to this site and forum, is more about how to lay a site out, the navigation structure and folder structure - not the graphic design.I'm not at all saying the idea is not good and would not attract some attention, I just worry that is not right for this site and audience - especially since there is not enough human resources to manage it, let alone organize it.(at least from my understanding)But, I could be wrong and welcome any one else to offer their thoughts ...

Oh...I didn't think of that newbeginners would feel really bad or something like that, and not come back. I would, even though I'm not good designing sites. If someone draw the whole site for me I could code it (XHTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL and maybe some simple Flash).I've been thinking of a new design to my personal site for ages now, and I just can't find on anything... (it's off topic, I know lol). Does anyone here got any cool web sites they know about? (rather personal sites).I've been looking at W3CSites.com, searching at Google and I just can't get any ideas for my site :'(

Yeah, that's romantic! I don't know what to say honey, here, look at this web development forum.
LOL. Expressing your love for someone on a web development forum can be taken as a bit geeky by a girl, I think... :)

unbelivable. If I had done that my wife would have been furious (possibly slashed my tires). This would have been after she said no and joined e-harmony.com :lol She is not a computer person at all...she uses the computer to watch music videos and that's about it. :)

If I were a girl and found my picture, I'd slap the **** out of you. What other pictures do you have of me?Now, I don''t know if you are joking or not, but if you do know this girl, print out the design, tell her where you got the photo, and let her know that you would only use her image with her permission. If she is a minor - GET PARENTAL CONSENT. The last thing you need is a real pervert tracking you and/or here down through a site and doing something. This is no joke, I work with this every day at my job - so just be careful. Whatever you do you, do not put the girl out there like that - that makes her too vulnerable and she could hate you forever. People who feel the need to communicate affection publicly don't have the balls to do it privately. Personally, I'd be more flattered that you came to me face-to-face, said what you had to say, then asked if you could post it.but, have your fun . . .p.s. she does have nice eyes

If I were a girl and found my picture, I'd slap the **** out of you. What other pictures do you have of me?Now, I don''t know if you are joking or not, but if you do know this girl, print out the design, tell her where you got the photo, and let her know that you would only use her image with her permission. If she is a minor - GET PARENTAL CONSENT. The last thing you need is a real pervert tracking you and/or here down through a site and doing something. This is no joke, I work with this every day at my job - so just be careful. Whatever you do you, do not put the girl out there like that - that makes her too vulnerable and she could hate you forever. People who feel the need to communicate affection publicly don't have the balls to do it privately. Personally, I'd be more flattered that you came to me face-to-face, said what you had to say, then asked if you could post it.but, have your fun . . .p.s. she does have nice eyes
Her? vi1.jpgI don't think that's the girl he's talking about though, I think that's a standard image with the premade design. But I agree with skemcin, from experience myself. Tell her face-to-face, and don't wait. If you wait, you may find she has had feelings for you in the time you didn't tell her, but the feelings have since passed. Then you'll kick yourself real good. Like me.

Thanks everyone :) heheSkemcin: I have no idea who that girl is now. I just took a screenshot of a template I found (not free template)Thanks for your advices...even though it's really off topic for this forum.But yeah...it would seem really geeky (or something) if she went here. But when I started coding at school (I was bored), she sat next to me and she just...like...how to say it, haha! She was really amazed since I took everything outta my head:p

Hehe, nice :)I might make her and her friend a website soon, (hehe). Already been asked :) and this is starting to go really off topic :)Hehe...too many people are asking me to make websites now. But since it's friends and stuff, I will do it for free, but if I'm gonna use the CMS system I've made (which I probably need to), I will charge with some money because I've spent like 2 months making it. I only need to make a comment system for it and I'm not 100% sure how. I know how to count, but I don't know how to set up everything =/

Depends on the girl. There were several women programmers in my engineering classes in college, it happens...
Yeah, there are some, but in my class it's only me (junior high school still, soon done and then I will hopefully come into "media og kommunikasjon" (Jonas: translate for me please), where we at least do some coding. Just need to start doing schoolwork so I get better marks so I get into that school. A lot of people are gonna search there this year :) :)