Half Javascript, half CSS problem

Lucifrex

Ok, here be code:

<html><head><script type="text/javascript"><!--var x = 0function scroll(){document.getElementById('head').style.posTop=xx=x+1t = setTimeout('scroll()',100)}//--></script></head><body><h1 id="head">Hello</h1></body></html>

I think that one of the main problems is that I have no idea what posTop does... lol. Please help. I'm trying to make the text go move downwards.

As far as I know posTop is not a CSS attribute.Use this...it works.

<html><head><script type="text/javascript"><!--var x=0;function scroll(){document.getElementById('head').style.position='absolute';document.getElementById('head').style.left=x+'px';x=x+1t = setTimeout('scroll()',100)}//--></script></head><body onload="scroll()"><h1 id="head">Hello</h1></body></html>

you could also do some checks to make sure it is within a specific range and then reset when it gets to the maximum range.Or if you are ambitious you could have it change to scroll left once it gets to the right.Have fun

I figured it out. I didn't quite use that method, but it works none the less. I put it on my website, so now I have a thing that says "Hello" scrolling down the page. Once I take out the <span>s and put a {cursor:crosshair} in the body style it will be done. The <span>s make my gifs freeze for some reason. My Webpage