Some questions

Mr_Person

If anybody could help me answer these questions It would be really helpful-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. What is the purpose of the chipset?2. Name at least three buses found on PCs3. How do the following relate? User, OS, kernel, Device Drivers, System BIOS, Applications4. What are the steps the computer goes thru in the boot process?5. What are the four major functions of an OS6. Describe the functions of the following CPU parts:a. ALUb. Control Unitc. I/O Unit7. What are the two types of IDE data cables currently used with hard drives? And which is the newest?8. What is the difference between a full backup, incremental backup and a differential backup?9. Explain the child, parent, grandparent method of making backups.10. A service Technician configured backup software on a company server to conduct a full system backup on Sunday evening, where 2000 file were backed up. Assume that two new files were created on Monday, and three new files were created on Tuesday.If a differential backup was performed at the close of business on both Monday and Tuesday on separate backup tapes, how many files were backed up on Tuesday’s backup tape?a. 2b. 3c. 5d. 2,003e. 2,00511. Match the error with where the problem occurred?Boot record Non-system disk or disk error, or Invaild system diskPartition table Sector not found reading drive C, Abort, Retry, FailFat: Invalid media type, Non-DOS disk, or Unable to read from drive CSystem files Invalid drive or drive specification12. Match the RAID level with its functionRAID 0 Mirroring ( backup only)RAID 1 Performance and backupRAID 5 Performance only13. What the difference and who does a low-level and high-level format?14. List the first four layers of the OSI networking model.15. List which layers of the OSI model the following terms are locateda. TCPb. MACc. IPd. Bitse. Packetsf. Segmentsg. Framesh. RJ-45i. Wirelessj. Ethernet,k. ports16. What is a network port?17. Define what an IP address is, and how many bits makes up one.18. What two numbers must you give a computer to allow it to communicate on a network.19. Answer the following question about a /26 variable length subnet mask.a. How many additional subnet are created?b. Give the network address of each subnet?c. Give the first useable address of each subnet?d. Give the last useable address of each subnet?e. Give the broadcast address of each subnet?

This looks like its a homework assignment for a class, as such, you should do all of this on your own. If however you have specific questions (after attempting to find the answer on your own), then please post those with the research you have already done on them. FYI-You should never make a post with 19 questions (some with multiple parts) and expect a valid answer to all of them. It is just not feasible for anyone to have the time and energy to try and read all of them and answer each of them.Out of curiosity, what kind of class is this for by the way, I see questions that remind me of my classes in OS, Computer System Architecture, and Computer Networks.

This looks like its a homework assignment for a class, as such, you should do all of this on your own. If however you have specific questions (after attempting to find the answer on your own), then please post those with the research you have already done on them. FYI-You should never make a post with 19 questions (some with multiple parts) and expect a valid answer to all of them. It is just not feasible for anyone to have the time and energy to try and read all of them and answer each of them.Out of curiosity, what kind of class is this for by the way, I see questions that remind me of my classes in OS, Computer System Architecture, and Computer Networks.

Lol, this was kinda my last resort of looking in wikepedia, and over the net for answers to those questions. because the info I have has 0 of these answers. its a practice quiz go figure, and i never expected anybody to have the time/energy to answer them just was wondering what kind of answers I get

Quizes and homework assignments are not appropriate posts for this forum. Although I can safely assume that every member would love to help anyone else solve a particular problem(s) I would expect them (as seen in this thread) to encourage each other to do the initial leg work by researching the topic/question at hand.Thanks smiles and kcarson for encouraging the Mr_Person to research the information he seeks.