Posting Javascript to Database Via PHP

Selacius

In a previous topic I asked how I could create a script where the numbers were dynamically increased without having to refresh the page. Anyways I have that script all figured out now, and I intend on placing it in a form with other text boxes for which I will need to insert into a database. I am curious, how can I go from a code like:

<tr><td>Strength:<td><center><div id="counters">4</div><td><a href="javascript:increments()"><b><center>+</a><td><a href="javascript:decreases()"><b><center>-</a>

where counters is the actual value of the number I want to insert into the database. So how can I do this using forms? Or rather, how can I supply these variables (counters...) to a php via a form.

You want to insert the icremented number into a database using php without refreshing the page???There is only one way to do this that I know of...welcome to the world of AJAX.Read this article to understand what it is and how it works.http://rajshekhar.net/blog/archives/85-Ras...X-Tutorial.htmlThis is by far the best AJAX tutorial I have found.AJAX is basically a way to interact with teh server using javascript. It uses the HTTPXML object of the DOM to execute server functions from the client.

No I didn't say I don't want to refresh the page. What I said is that my incremental number code does not require the refreshing of the page. The numbers and other user defined variables will be in a form, which will be redirected to a php page when the user submits the form. My question is, what do I change in the code which I pasted in the first post to allow the values to be carried over by the form.

sorry for the misunderstanding.well assuming your final incremented value is now in a javascript variable called x... and you have a hidden field(input type="hidden" id="xNum">) in your form with the id xNum you can do this

document.getElementById('xNum').value = x;

now this will be sent with the form to your PHP page where you can retreive just like any other form field.

The code is a lengthy piece of work, but mainly it is a form element in which the user inputs a few user defined values and also can play around with some numbers as well. The numbers in this example take the shape of a character creation system for an online game. There are 5 stats to which the user can increase and in doing so these values also increase the players beginning Hit points. This then all gets submitted to a final page via a form where the information can be inserted into a database for use in the game. If this is in any way/shape/form what you are looking for, feel free to PM me and I will gladly send you the code along with information on how to modify it to suit your needs. Many thanks goes out to aspnetguy on this forum and a few other forum members belonging to other forums.