PrateekSaxena

Action Script

I will soon be getting Flash MX. I wanna learn ActionScript. I know JS and C++ and VB 6.0 and stuff, but have never used ActionScript. I want to Start with the basics then intermediate and then advance(duh!) I want to become pro at it and make kool games and stuff. Help me out here. ... please give links...

I will soon be getting Flash MX. I wanna learn ActionScript. I know JS and C++ and VB 6.0 and stuff, but have never used ActionScript. I want to Start with the basics then intermediate and then advance(duh!) I want to become pro at it and make kool games and stuff. Help me out here. ... please give links...
I spent the basic AS in Flash help, someone will give you links :)

Should I read from the documentation from Macromedia?what is Flex 2.0??

If you don't know what Flex is, chances are you don't need it. If you plan to make just flash movies with your actionscript, then don't worry about either Flex of Flash Lite. By the way Prateek, if you have Flash MX+, the Reference right-click can help you a lot.

I wanna make games. I know lil bit about Flex. I mean I dont know it lke I know XHTML/CSS or JS

You don't need Flex to make games. Flash files are fine. In fact, I bet you don't even know what SWF means. Well, even if you do:ShockwaveFlash

Dude I am not stupid...i know Flash, I just wanna learn more

Just wondering, why not go with flash 8 professional? over flashMX
I didn't have Flash 8 until later in life, so I had to go years without it due to money issues. So it could be the same problem. By the way, Macromedia no longer is in existence, and Adobe has no plans on re-making Flash 8 for use in Creative Suite, hence why the Macromedia Suite is still high priced.

I didn't have Flash 8 until later in life, so I had to go years without it due to money issues. So it could be the same problem. By the way, Macromedia no longer is in existence, and Adobe has no plans on re-making Flash 8 for use in Creative Suite, hence why the Macromedia Suite is still high priced.
I was asking the poster, not you. whats with you anyway?and by the way poster you can get an Education version of flash 8 (professional) for around 240 which is not high priced for flash.also I know adobe owns rights to flash now.by the way flash 8 and flash 8 professional are 2 different programs.

Hey astralaaron! Actually I have Flash MX only, and cant get 8 thats why I am sticking with it.

Hey astralaaron! Actually I have Flash MX only, and cant get 8 thats why I am sticking with it.
ah okay, was just wondering, thought you were looking to purchase it.MX works too! :)

alright :)