We fix the order and add 'the':
You now all the html tags tharowley
Fix spelling of 'thoroughly':
You now all the html tags thoroughly
Capitalize 'html':
You now all the HTML tags thoroughly
Add a question mark(?):
You now all the HTML tags thoroughly?
Grade:You - +5now - +5html - -2all - +5tags +5tharowley -5-10 For order-5 For punctuation-2/45

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Zachary, what was the point of that? I mean.. god. Well, I give you a 0/45 in that case. Because you tried to fix his and STILL mispelled a word. You figure it out.Maybe the php tutorial should have a gd image tutorial?

• Like 4

Wow Zachary, what was the point of that? I mean.. god. Well, I give you a 0/45 in that case. Because you tried to fix his and STILL mispelled a word. You figure it out.Maybe the php tutorial should have a gd image tutorial?
Good point. Put this in the Suggestions forum. It is far more likely the admins will notice it there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow Zachary, what was the point of that? I mean.. god. Well, I give you a 0/45 in that case. Because you tried to fix his and STILL mispelled a word. You figure it out.
If only thoes who are perfect are authorized to point out the blunders of others, then none of us would ever out grow their blunders. Yes/No ?
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Ok, lets analyze your mistakes.We started with:We fix the order and add 'the':Fix spelling of 'thoroughly':Capitalize 'html':Add a question mark(?):Grade:You - +5now - +5html - -2all - +5tags +5tharowley -5-10 For order-5 For punctuation-2/45
LMAO that would be:Do you know all the HTML tags thoroughly?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that post even exists any more :) and yes I think meaning is as important as punctuation...

Spelling is over rated:I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.Amzanig huh?yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

• Like 1

Yeah.Tihs tnhig may aluctaly be ture. But I'm seurpsrid to see a cpoy of tihs itno a stie oenwd by Mfocosrit. Hvae you nteoicd taht the sotrehr the wrod, the lses mnfaodictiois you can mkae to it, mnkaig tihs a srot of a new lgaguane taht's esay to apadt to?
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

PHP is very complicated for me to understand, I downloaded PHP and I have to read the manual that comes with it. And I still don't understand. Can you give me an example of how to do this in HTML form then PHP form: (I know how to do HTML form easy but PHP confuses me):Write somethingPut date on websiteCode a form field for sending feedbackWhen someone goes to the website start a session and when the exit the page, end the session(Please don't tell me to go to the tutorials, they only confuse me more. I need human help ;o

You use echo to send HTML code to the browser.echo "<div>Hello world</div><hr>";PHP has several date and time functions to use. The date function lets you format the date however you want it.http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date.phpPHP doesn't have anything to do with form fields. That's all HTML. PHP just uses the name attribute of the form field to get the value that the browser sent to the server. The values are either in $_POST or $_GET, depending on how the form was submitted.To start a session, you use the session_start function. You can use the session_destroy function if you want to completely erase session data, but people typically don't end the session themselves, it will automatically time out after a set period.

• 2 months later...
PHP is very complicated for me to understand, I downloaded PHP and I have to read the manual that comes with it. And I still don't understand. Can you give me an example of how to do this in HTML form then PHP form: (I know how to do HTML form easy but PHP confuses me):
When I read a php manual for the first time, I too didn't understand at all how php works.... have you a local web server (apache + php) running on your PC? I only understood something when I installed one into mine... and now - thanks to PAMPA software - my personal web server is not installed into my PC, but is into my drive pen!

• 5 months later...

Uhm... this may sound a little bit wierd, but what is the recommended age to start learning PHP at?!? Because I'm 13, and I can't understand everything that's inside the tutorial. oO

There's no exact age for learning any language. But you should find tutorials about the basics of programming first.Here's basically what you need to know:1. Commands:if()while()for()switch()...2. Data types:StringsNumbers/Integers/FloatsDates...3. Variables4. Operators:+ - * / .5. Logic:AND, OR, NOT

Someone here said something about the books published by O'Reilly Media. I'm thinking of buying some of those (and I say some because I'm interested in advanced PHP, C++ and XML), and I'd like to know if they are very well written, so that it will make my work a little bit easier (I had a book - not published by O'reilly Media - about PHP, but I realise that it was not that good, because there were some problems not mentioned in the book, which I learnt about later, so...). I read the Table of Content of three books (2 PHP's and one C), but I'm not that satisfyed (the things just look so unorganized...). Perhaps it's because of the content which is missing in the preview version, but I'd like to know if anyone here has one of these books, and can give me a feedback.Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I have several of their books, I like them alot. But they are just a publisher, the different authors will have different writing styles. But find one that looks good and pick it up, if you like it and it fits the way you learn then try a couple more. You might even be able to find a local used bookstore that has them for sale for cheap.

• 2 months later...

We all know that php.net is a great resource for PHP documentation. Each of us probably has a favorite reference for Javascript or HTML or CSS or ASP or any other language. These two sites look pretty handy, I guess these could be posted anywhere but I'll stick them here for now (if any mod wants to move, feel free).http://quickref.org/Great reference if you know the name of what you're looking for. Quick and easy to get the reference about how to use it. Works for C, C++, CSS, HTML, HTML DOM, Java, JavaScript, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby.http://www.gotapi.com/Awesome site that aggregates information from other sites (including w3schools). It has tabs across the tops for the APIs you want to look up, and you can click any of the links in the middle to add another tab. As an example, click the link for PHP at php.net. On the left you'll see the function reference, and if you click any of the functions you'll see the familiar page from php.net load in the frame. Quick and easy way to get where you're looking. Also notice that there's a PHP Tutorials link with tutorials from 600 sources. The CSS, Javascript/DOM, and a few XML references come from w3schools.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Spelling is over rated:I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.Amzanig huh?yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
Yeah really amazing, my first laugh today, damn!