Sign in to follow this  
Armed Rebel

Re-setting an onchange event

I'm trying to change an onchange event, and I've got the code to do it and it's (almost) working, but I'm having a little problem with variables. Using this code:

c2.onchange = function onchange(event) { replaceWord(inc1, (i - 1), r, (total - 1)) };

The variables int1, i, r and total have all been declared in the script I'm using with the above line, the problem is that instead of setting the new function with the values those variables contain, it sets the variable's names as a literal string so "inc1" become the parameter. The code (of actually setting the new onchange function) works, as if I tried alert('hi') it would work fine.Any solutions to this?

try this instead

c2.onchange = function(event) { replaceWord(inc1, (i - 1), r, (total - 1)) };

You may need to post more of your source code.Here's something that might help you spot your problem.Tested in IE, O, FF.

<script type="text/javascript">    var test = 'test';    var i = 5;    var j = 6	function showThis(s, int) {		alert(s + ' ' + int);	}	function chgOnChange(id) {		document.getElementById(id).onchange = function() { showThis(test, j - i); };	}  </script> </head> <body>	<input type="text" id="t1" value="test this" />	<script type="text/javascript">chgOnChange('t1');</script>

I'm trying to change an onchange event, and I've got the code to do it and it's (almost) working, but I'm having a little problem with variables. Using this code:
c2.onchange = function onchange(event) { replaceWord(inc1, (i - 1), r, (total - 1)) };

Try this instead:
c2.onchange = new Function(replaceWord(inc1, (i - 1), r, (total - 1)))