Downloading error

wooikeim

sub Datagrid1_ItemCommand (sender as object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs) if (e.CommandName= "Download") then Response.ContentType = "application\octet-stream" Dim filename as string=new string("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tution\doc") Dim downloadFile As System.IO.FileStream = New System.IO.FileStream(filename, IO.FileMode.Open) Response.Write(downloadFile.Length() & "#") downloadFile.Close() Response.WriteFile(filename) Response.Flush() Response.End()I got the problem in downloading a file, it show me End of statement expected. i not sure my code correct or not. please kindly tell me what happen here. thanks......this line is highlighted <Dim downloadFile As System.IO.FileStream = New System.IO.FileStream(filename, IO.FileMode.Open) >

Try giving Response.write...... in next line.Response.ContentType = "application\octet-stream"Dim filename as string=new string("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tution\doc")Dim downloadFile As System.IO.FileStream = New System.IO.FileStream(filename, IO.FileMode.Open) Response.Write(downloadFile.Length() & "#")downloadFile.Close()Response.WriteFile(filename)Response.Flush()Response.End()

Oh, I'm so sorry, didnt see that statement. Anyway, i have put it in the next line, but then got another error.Dim downloadFile As System.IO.FileStream = New System.IO.FileStream(filename, IO.FileMode.Open) <Access denied >error msg- To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.I had follow that instruction but still cant work