I'm bored out of my mind

vchris

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i know what you mean. Somedays I am surprised I can walk straight
Those must be the days the liquor store is closed...or the crack house is being raided... :)

Do you have flash? You could do this tutorial http://www.aspnetguy.com/blog/index.php/20...ation-tutorial/Or if you don't have flash you could take a screenshot of the scanned sketch and put it in Photoshop and see if you can draw it in Photoshop.BTW does this happen often (nothing to do at work)? My application for a government programming job has passed to the next stage (the stage were I wait and hope to get a call for an interview :)). I can't imagine there being constant work writing and modifying ASP pages and Access databases :)
thats a good tutorial, I learned from it when I had to make a charactor in school!

How about make us all a video game made with just XHTML, CSS, and Javascript. I'd be up to play some pool, some miniature golf, or some foosball or something - and, unfortunately, I'm not bored enough to make it myself. :)

besides, if making a game wasn't hard enough, why through in cross browser challenges too?
Maybe this'll get you started. This is something I built back in 2001 or so while I was bored working at a bicycle shop during the winter. It's probably poorly written - I haven't revisited it in years - and it's got a couple of collision problems, but it's kind of soothing to play with. Maybe you could elaborate on it for us - add some holes for the balls to go into - and tweak the physics a bit.So far, it looks like it works in IE, Firefox, and Opera on the PC.EDIT: removed file as it was somehow corrupt.

pooltable.zip

When I try to unzip it is says the file is coruptted. Anyone else able to open it?
Hmm, it appears to be getting corrupt upon upload. I'll see what I can come up with.EDIT: Has anyone else successfully uploaded a zip file to this forum?EDIT2: OK, this site is slower than any other site I've ever visited, but it hosts the file just fine:http://www.mediafire.com/?6zhndihbyvd

pooltable.zip

You can try to convert this game me and two friends made from Visual Basic to HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT...data.zipMake it an ongoing project for whenever you're bored. :)

You can try to convert this game me and two friends made from Visual Basic to HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT...data.zipMake it an ongoing project for whenever you're bored. :)
I'd prefer not too get into ongoing projects for now.
I am designing a flash games site. I have few ideas for a layout but if you want to and have time I would appreciate some mockup ideas.
I will probably have time later on today. Give me some specs. Colours, what kind of game, what kind of audience is it intended for?

I really like the layout of miniclip.com (the way it navigates). I don't really have a color scheme per say, although it should be eye catching but not bright and overpowering.I am not too sure of my target audience, probably anyone between the ages of 10 and 40.The style of games will be similar to miniclip.com (including some of the games they offer). There will be the same categories: Action,Puzzle,Sprots,Shoot 'Em Up, etc.Ideally if you could do the mockups in Photoshop that would be best.

I'm tellin' you man, fingers and toes! Then maybe you could sue a big keyboard making company for no disabilaty compensation, so then they would HAVE to make a telepathic keybord! Ha!

Archived