I'm bored out of my mind

vchris

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a good layout. Thanks. I am gathering ideas right now. I am going to be building a custom cms for it too I think. There isn't anything out there geared toward gaming sites that's any good.

apparently it isn't that hard to allow internet users connect to your lan game.http://www.forumplanet.com/lanparty/topic....amp;p=1#6846766
I'm not sure we'll have a dedicated server like they say in that article. I'm not hosting the party so I'm not sure how it'll work.

I'm not sure we'll have a dedicated server like they say in that article. I'm not hosting the party so I'm not sure how it'll work.
I was just pointing it out. I didn't expect you to try :)Even if there isn't a dedicated server you could point it to the IP of the computer that sets up the match...it is then the serverWhenever we have a LAN party whoever has the best PC gets to be the server :)

I'm working on a mock up for your games site. Not really happy with what I got... Looks n00bish! :)

bbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeedddddddd
you crack me up.what are you inching to do now . . . you could help Norman out here:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=13183Evaluate these methods, rank them for ease of use/implementation, document compatibility, and offer your personal opinion. :)

you crack me up.what are you inching to do now . . . you could help Norman out here:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=13183Evaluate these methods, rank them for ease of use/implementation, document compatibility, and offer your personal opinion. :)
Or you could make a skin for the forum, in the w3schools.com colours. :)

Well I'm done work for 2 days now but on monday it starts all over again :)That's way to easy. The answer is with divs.
Or you could make a skin for the forum, in the w3schools.com colours. :)
That could be fun and I've never worked with IPB boards before...

Well I'm done work for 2 days now but on monday it starts all over again :)That's way to easy. The answer is with divs.That could be fun and I've never worked with IPB boards before...
Well, hope you at least find something more fun to do on your birthday. Have a good one. :)

Well, hope you at least find something more fun to do on your birthday. Have a good one. :)
Yeah I got some plans. Trust me it'll be 100x better than working.

I'm installing phpBB3. Seems nice.EDIT: Beautiful!!! :)There's like 4 users online! WTH??? I installed it not even 5 mins ago.

Oh, so I am about 4 days late right about now! I see, how about a skin for this forum? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*:)
Regarding the skin, I can post here what I recently posted in the mod forum for ideas:
p_delete.gifI just decided to start playing around with one of the buttons on the forum, to see if it was difficult to change the hue of it. Here's the result (Photoshop CS 8.0):http://www.home.no/jvelde/ps_screencap.PNGI'm thinking some basic hues of grays with calm red buttons to match the w3schools look. That red you see there I got by setting Cyans hue to +180 and Blues to +125I tried in addition to the aforementioned setting Master saturation to +30 and Master Lightness to -10, which looked good as well, but I didn't capture it. If we have a standard for converting all the buttons, it won't take long time to divide the task between us and convert all the buttons.As for the +QUOTE/-QUOTE button (which I now realise my PS playing looks like in hue):p_mq_add.gifp_mq_remove.gifI'm thinking the button to turn off the quote (marked negative, but isn't in a way) could be some kind of red-green as opposed to the blue-red relationship now.Thoughts?
and
The plus/minus isn't to indicate whether the quote function is enabled or not, it's to indicate what you do if you click the button. Colour is what denotes enabled/disabled. If the button is blue (cold/negative colour), the quote function is disabled, and the plus indicates that if you click it, you include the quote from that post. When the colour then is red (warm/positive colour), the quote function is enabled, and the minus indicates that clicking it again will disable it.So if the main skin theme is to be grays and red (w3schools.com colours), then I'm thinking red would also in this case be the negative colour, while green would be the positive colour.Value: negative/positiveMeaning: disabled/enabledCurrent: blue/redFuture: red/greenDid that make sense? If not, read it again till it does. :)
Anyone want to try and make a w3schools themed skin, you're welcome to try, and it will be very appreciated by the entire community I'm sure. Just download a free-trial and get to skinning. :)

I'm very tempted :)I got a bit of work but I should be done today hopefully so maybe tomorrow...

I'm very tempted :)I got a bit of work but I should be done today hopefully so maybe tomorrow...
Let me know if you want to divide/delegate some tasks... :)

Regarding the skin, I can post here what I recently posted in the mod forum for ideas:andAnyone want to try and make a w3schools themed skin, you're welcome to try, and it will be very appreciated by the entire community I'm sure. Just download a free-trial and get to skinning. :)
This isn't a downloadable version, it's only an online trial right?

Archived