Execute a URL

joecool2005

assuming you used

response.write()

to write the output to the screen in the first place it would probably be easier to use ASP.Instead of using

response.write(the_output)

you could write

dim theVariable = the_output

What do you need to do with this variable? It would be easier if you posted your code aswell so I don''t have to keep guessing how you've done things.

Here's the codeUfileReg.ASP

if oCompany.mActiveFlag = "Y" then    oUser.mFirstName = Request("FirstName")   oUser.mLastName = Request("LastName")   oUser.mCountrycode = "001" 'sCountryCode     oUser.mPhoneNumber = Request("DayPhone")   Response.Write("ufilestatus=1")else   Response.Write("ufilestatus=-1")

It's supposed to display "ufilestatus=1" or "ufilestatus=-1". UfileReg.ASP it's written by somebody else. I can't change it.Now on other file, by doing execScript("https://support.drtax.ca/im/scripts/Ufilereg.ASP")I want to use the "ufilestatus" to compare if it's 1 or -1. With this, I know if a company exist or not.ThxJoe

If you cannot change anything with the ASP file I don't think there is anyway to get that value to another page unless you open the ASP in an iframe (you can hide it if you want) and then use javascript (on the original page) to access the iframe content.

var myFrame = document.getElementById('iframeId');var result = myFrame.document.body.innerHTML;

Providing that the ASP page does output anything else besides the value you want then it should now be stored in the result variable.