how to create a text file in database

Guest ycloke1029

Guest ycloke1029

hello, i'm a new member in learning builting a website...i will like to ask how i can write a sql command that can store the text file and also save the text file in database....by, the way i also want to ask how do i save the text that i type in a textarea to the database?thanks a lot......

hello, i'm a new member in learning builting a website...i will like to ask how i can write a sql command that can store the text file and also save the text file in database....by, the way i also want to ask how do i save the text that i type in a textarea to the database?thanks a lot......

For starters, I don't think I would try saving a text file to a database, but rather the name of the text file, for instance text1.txt, then using a server-side language you could define what folder the files are in, look in teh database for the name and you are all set.As for how to save the text you type in a text area in the database, once again you will need a server-side scripting language (check out things such as ASP, PHP, ASP.net, ColdFusion (Skemcin.....I have already placed your plug :) ), etc).I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.