tables??? frames???

Mr. Shadow

ok i want to know how i can do this:make one web page containing these three things plus a BG image, tha part that says "links here" i wanna have a scroll bar that only moves tha links down. is there anyway i can do that w/o creating multiple pages and putting tha same bg image tag like 3 times or what. if i dind't explaine good enough feel free to PM me or reply to what i gotw3schools.jpg

<html><head><style type="text/css"><!--div#id_name {width: 400px;height: 300px;overflow: auto;}--></style></head><body><div id="id_name">Text here</div></body></html>That will create a div that will get a scrollbar if the text takes up more space than the div. A scrollable div, if you like. If you don't know css, I heartily recommend you invest the time to learn it, as it is a really valuable addition to writing html.

It's a way of moving all page formatting in a separate document, so you don't have to have <body bgcolor="somecolor" text="somecolor"> and stuff like that. In short, it makes your html files smaller and makes them load faster. You don't need as many attributes to your tags, messing up your code. Instead, you just link to a stylesheet that contains the code on how the html tags are formatted. You can give different formatting for each and every html elementbody {css_information_here}example:body {background-color: #ff0000;color: #ffffff;text-align: center;}table, tr, td {background-color: blue;color: rgb(255,255,255);margin: auto;padding: 0;border: 3px double #00aaff;width: 300px;height: 100px;}and that formatting will be applied to every html document where you load your stylesheet.http://www.w3schools.com/css/