Change Mouse Pointer

Guest phyoe2004

Guest phyoe2004

I would like to change mouse pointer when the page is requesting the transaction from the server. At that time mouse icon was changed from Arrow to something. Please let me know how to write this code in JAVA Script.

• 3 weeks later...

try something like this...

<html><script type="text/javascript">function chcursor(cur){document.getElementByTagName("body").style.cursor=cur;}</script><body style="cursor:hand" onload="chcursor('pointer')"></body></html>

You'd have to put the cursor and onload attributes in every page though.

No need to use javasript for this, just plain css, examples attached:<a href="#" style="cursor:pointer">pointer</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:crosshair">crosshair</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:e-resize">e-resize</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:help">help</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:nw-resize">nw-resize</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:text">text</a><br /><a href="#" style="cursor:wait">wait</a>There are a few others but you get the idea.

to change mouse pointer when the page is requesting the transaction from the server.

The CSS code to change the pointer, is link:hover, I could be wrong..... but I guess what phyoe2004 needs is to change the pointer during the time when the page loads from the server, like some other cursor instead if the normal sandclock.