Setting Time to days only?

Necr0manzer

Ok, so here's my problem:I'm writing a script that converts today's date to the Discordian date!You might look up Wikipedia on Discordianism or something lke that or google for Principia Diskordia... :)Here's what i've written so far:

var d=new Date() var day=d.getDate() var month=d.getMonth() + 1 var year=d.getFullYear() + 1166 var discday=new Array (5) discday[1]="Sweetmorn" discday[2]="Boomtime" discday[3]="Pungenday" discday[4]="Prickle-Prickle" discday[5]="Setting Orange" var discmonth=new Array (5) discmonth[0]="Chaos" discmonth[1]="Discord" discmonth[2]="Confusion" discmonth[3]="Bureaucracy" discmonth[4]="The Aftermath" if (day == 1) {document.write(discday[d.getDate()] + "," + " " + day + "st" + " " + discmonth[d.getMonth()] + " " + year) } else if (day == 2) { document.write(discday[d.getDate()] + "," + " " + day + "nd" + " " + discmonth[d.getMonth()] + " " + year)} else if (day == 3) { document.write(discday[d.getDate()] + "," + " " + day + "rd" + " " + discmonth[d.getMonth()] + " " + year) } else { document.write(discday[d.getDate()] + "," + " " + day + "th" + " " + discmonth[d.getMonth()] + " " + year) }

As is it will only work for the first 5 days of the year and the endings after numbers only work til the 21st ...But whatever.... my question is: is there any tag or so that shows the day of the year and not day of the month of the year?So that the 9 of February -> Day 40 or so?Or is there any other way to convert this day/month/year thingy to days?Thanks!Oh...btw: www.necr0manzer.de/projekt.htm <- if you can read German then maybe reading this will help a bit... it's my homepage and it's all in german and i'm not going to translate it.... maybe use the google oracle? :)

ok....solved it by myself:

var date = new Date();var y = date.getYear();var d = date.getDate();var m = date.getMonth();var SJahr = y % 4;var SHJahr = y % 100;var S4Jahr = y% 400;var STag = ((S4Jahr == "0") ? (1) : ((SHJahr == "0") ? (0) : ((SJahr == "0") ? (1) : (0))));var days = new Array(31,28,31,30,31,30,31,31,30,31,30,31);if(STag == 1) days[1] += 1; var i, x;for(i = 0, x = 0; i < m; i++) {  x += days[i];}//Result:var DayOfYear = x += d;