Something i believe would be great for W3schools

jhecht

The W3C is doing more than writing tutorials, they're creating standards and recommendations for how web languages should be applied by developers and interpreted by browsers. They also try to convince webdevelopers and browserbuilders to conform with these standards and recommendations. I see it improve as my sites work with all newer browsers with less and less hassle. There was a big interpretation gap between IE6 and FF1.5, but not so much between IE7 and FF2. Opera users may agree with the benefits, as would anyone who ever read a book written by one of the W3C members.These standards are saving our time, application of them means having a competitive edge and making more profit. Any time invested by the W3C members has been saved a thousandfold worldwide. And they do it for free. There hasn't been an organisation like W3C in the world ever. So why should anyone care ow their website looks, it's for geeks/pro's and not really for n00bs and fancycats.

Excuse me, have you been in this forum since yesterday?W3C != W3Schoolsthey are not related in any way.

Excuse me, have you been in this forum since yesterday?W3C != W3Schoolsthey are not related in any way.
OK I'm sorry, you're right but you're also abit harsh. Who is to say that there is no relation whatsoever between the World Wide Web Consortium and the World Wide Web Schools? W3S is in fact teaching standards developed by the W3C. But let's not turn this shouting into a war.

OK I'm sorry, you're right but you're also abit harsh. Who is to say that there is no relation whatsoever between the World Wide Web Consortium and the World Wide Web Schools? W3S is in fact teaching standards developed by the W3C. But let's not turn this shouting into a war.
I'm to say! They are not related! :) W3C is an international organization that defines web standards and W3Schools is owned and run by a small Norweigen (sorry for the spelling) web company. They are not related at all in the sense of being the same entity. They share a similar goal in that they are trying to make the web a better place but that is it.

Plus, they link to the W3C validation service, which I used to think about as a service offered by the W3Schools. It's very easy to mix things up like that and I think they're pretty much like two branches on the same tree.Thanks for clearing up a very important misunderstanding.

Archived