Any fast way to do this?

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks
Whatever it is, its spread across all files. I'm out of guesses. Create an archive that in it contains the XML, XSLT, the displayed HTML file and one of the problematic HTML files.
There's no 1 file that is problematic. No matter what file I choose as the first one in the list, it only displays that one. It can display each one of the files, but ONLY the first one. All the HTML files work.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no 1 file that is problematic. No matter what file I choose as the first one in the list, it only displays that one. It can display each one of the files, but ONLY the first one. All the HTML files work.
Have the XML and XSLT changed in ANY fashion whatsoever?I thought the first HTML file you were trying to display had some sort of an extra whitespace character in it that was causing the trouble... whatever the issue, it's likely to have something to do with encodings, unless you've altered the XML or XSLT files further. Encompassing them in an archive will let me ensure my tests don't differ in any way from yours.

Guest FirefoxRocks
Have the XML and XSLT changed in ANY fashion whatsoever?I thought the first HTML file you were trying to display had some sort of an extra whitespace character in it that was causing the trouble... whatever the issue, it's likely to have something to do with encodings, unless you've altered the XML or XSLT files further. Encompassing them in an archive will let me ensure my tests don't differ in any way from yours.
The XML file is modified to change the order of recipes, however it still follows the same format. The XSLT file hasn't been touched at all. All files are saved as UTF-8 and the XML prologue of the files are <?xml version="1.0" version="utf-8"?>.Edit: All of the recipes display in Firefox (3) but the only the first does in IE. Well I'll be using Firefox to print them anyways. I wonder why that is...

Edit: All of the recipes display in Firefox (3) but the only the first does in IE. Well I'll be using Firefox to print them anyways. I wonder why that is...
A bug in one of the XSLT processors, not neccessarly MSXML (IE).Anyway, I guess it's all OK now? I too wonder what exactly was the bug though. It would have been nice to know it as a rule of thumb for the next time.

• 1 month later...
Guest FirefoxRocks

OK now any idea on how to get Internet Explorer to do {page-break-inside:avoid} with the recipes? I tried it in my CSS file and my XSL file and it doesn't work!

OK now any idea on how to get Internet Explorer to do {page-break-inside:avoid} with the recipes? I tried it in my CSS file and my XSL file and it doesn't work!
Well, that's really a CSS problem, not an XSLT problem. What XSLT could do to help is to insert a conditional comment containing equivalent HTML to duplicate that functionality. However, the elements before/after which need this have to be explicitly marked up in the source document somehow.

Guest FirefoxRocks
Well, that's really a CSS problem, not an XSLT problem. What XSLT could do to help is to insert a conditional comment containing equivalent HTML to duplicate that functionality. However, the elements before/after which need this have to be explicitly marked up in the source document somehow.
So what exactly do I insert in the XSLT document?

So what exactly do I insert in the XSLT document?
Honestly said, I don't know. What would you put in an (X)HTML document to duplicate this functionality? Whatever it is, you need to put that same thing into the XSLT. I've never used this CSS property, so I don't have any idea as to what is needed to replicate it.

• 2 months later...

Archived