Open source XML editor

Falthon

Can anyone suggest an open source XML editor that can validate a document against a schema? Currently I'm using GEdit, and I like it a lot, but it doesn't have validation. I've tried mlview, but the error messages are not very helpful. (With the document I'm working on now, it just gives the name of the element and "Error".)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone suggest an open source XML editor that can validate a document against a schema? Currently I'm using GEdit, and I like it a lot, but it doesn't have validation. I've tried mlview, but the error messages are not very helpful. (With the document I'm working on now, it just gives the name of the element and "Error".)
Hi Falthon,I do not think so, you will find any good open source editor, I will suggest you to use online facility to check you XML file against well-formed and validation.Just search in google to find such only resource.Please let me know if you are not able get online help against XML file check, so that I can dig further in google to find.Regards,Ashvini

You know... there are always torrent sites and crack/SN sites if you wish to have a commercial version of a program. If you need a name - Stylus Studio. If you need a crack (or in Stylus Studio's case - SN)...

Actually, XML Copy Editor has worked out pretty well. It can validate an XML document against a schema, and can also validate a schema. It can't generate an XML document from a schema or a schema from a document (which is another feature on my wishlist), but the author plans to add that capability at some point. Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely recommend XML Copy Editor to anyone looking for an editor with a clean, simple interface.

Archived