Sign in to follow this  
shulin

any thing wrong with this XSD?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><xs:schema id="NewSchema" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="elements"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element maxOccurs="1000" name="component"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element maxOccurs="1000" name="attribute"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element maxOccurs="1000" name="name" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element maxOccurs="1000" name="value" type="xs:string" /> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1000" ref="component" /> <----------HERE </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element></xs:schema>Hi:Could sb help me with the above XSD? I create it using XMLFOX and I keep on getting error msg:Line 18, the "component" element is not declared.But I think I declared it at line 6.Your help is highly appreciated.shu-lin

Your schema seems to be invalid. I guess in order to refer to an element, that element needs to be declared at the top level.Also, according to XSV, 1000 is usually treated as "unbounded". Here's a slightly changed version of your schema with those changes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><xs:schema id="NewSchema" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">	<xs:element name="elements">		<xs:complexType>			<xs:sequence>				<xs:element ref="component" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>			</xs:sequence>		</xs:complexType>	</xs:element>	<xs:element name="component">		<xs:complexType>			<xs:sequence>				<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="attribute">					<xs:complexType>						<xs:sequence>							<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="name" type="xs:string"/>							<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="value" type="xs:string"/>						</xs:sequence>					</xs:complexType>				</xs:element>				<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" ref="component"/>			</xs:sequence>		</xs:complexType>	</xs:element></xs:schema>

If you really need the 1000 limitation, feel free to restore it. It should work with it too.