ie 6.0 not support xml file

bonyka

When you open an XML file, you should see either the XML tree (as if you're seeing the source code, but colored), or an error message with the details of what's wrong with your XML file.Either way, IE6 supports XML. What exactly are you seeing and what is your XML file?

Hey,guys.I use Internet Explorer 6.0, but it doesn't support XML file. I don't know why?Sincerely thanks,bonyka
Hi Bonyka,IE6 by default support XML and you must able to open XML file in IE6. If you are not able to open XML file, please make sure the following things you have checked.1. is your XML file is well-formed XML file?2. is your XML file encoding style other than UTF, ISO?Please check the above mentioned points and let me know the result, so that I can help you further if you still face same issue.Regards,Ashvini Sharma

I got no error messagesBut when i view source code, i got something strange."<html><body leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no> <embed width=100% height=100% fullscreen=yes src="file:///C:/test.xml"></body></html>"file:///c:/test.xml is where my xml file is.test.xml -----------------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><page>hello</page>---------------------------------It seems my xml file doesn't have problem, does any problem with my ie 6.0?bonyka

I got no error messagesBut when i view source code, i got something strange."<html><body leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no> <embed width=100% height=100% fullscreen=yes src="file:///C:/test.xml"></body></html>"file:///c:/test.xml is where my xml file is.test.xml -----------------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><page>hello</page>---------------------------------It seems my xml file doesn't have problem, does any problem with my ie 6.0?bonyka
Hi Bonyka,Thank you for the update.I am pretty much sure there is no problem with IE, I open daily more than 100 XML, XSD files in IE6, IE7.I never face any issue. If possible can you send me your XML, so that I test in-house and able re-produce this issue.If your XML file contains credential information, you can send be top 5 and last 5 lines of your XML file, I am sure I will able to figure out the cause of this error.Regards,Ashvini

Is the source code of your XML file EXACTLY

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><page>hello</page>

?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived