Setting New Language on Webpage

Vanessa

Hello,I have a website w/ 3 languages (English, Spanish & Polish). I would like to use specific font characters in Spanish and Polish that are not found on:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_entities.asp My question may be a little complicated but here goes...Can I save the Spanish or Polish font file on the server or FTP://address and then use

"<font face="SPANISH"> </font>

or is there a code to call that Font style up, like you would a picture or .swf file?Like this?...

"<font face="/languages/fonts/SPANISH"> </font>

I am at a loss because all characters come out as []'s or are auto-corrected by IE to what it thinks it should be. :) I hope I said this clearly, anyways, if anyone could help that would be appriciated. ThanksV

I'm not sure if it is, but if someone could confirm that and show the whole code I would appriciate to know how it exactly works.Another issue I am concerned about is that Polish or Spanish speaking people visiting my site won't be able to pick up the Font Characters unless they have it themselves.If it's resolvable I would be very happy.V

It's still not clear to me if you are having problems with specific fonts (Arial, Verdana, etc.) or special characters (ç, ã, ó...).The meta thing is as simple as i stated above. Just declare the type of encoding you're using: normally ISO-8859-1 or UFT-8 inside the meta tag.And the font-family thing, I guess is the following:<style type="text/css">@import {font-family: Font;src: url('Font.ttf');}/* add your class here... */.mySpecificFont {font-family: "Font";}</style>

Yes it would be with specific characters.For example Arial font works fine whether it's Spanish or English but certain characters of the alphabet can't be shown unless you have the Spanish Arial Version.I use Verdana on my website. I have both the Polish and Spanish versions of Verdana aswell.Because these language specific characters won't show when I copy / paste them in I am asking what do I need to do to let my visitors see those letters.common tags will not work because they do not cover all the letters of the Polish/Spanish alphabet.Ty for all help.V

I still think it's the meta tag thing. I had this sort of problem once: the browse wouldn't render my special Portuguese characters properly untill i declared the type of encoding within the meta tag. Try with different encodings (there are a lot of iso-8859-XXs...). If you could know what is the encondig your editor is using, i guess it also useful.Could you give an example of the character that it's not rendering properly and with which font?--------I've just found this:http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/34...onki.htm?200610and saw it's an ISO-8859-2 encoding...Don't know, hope it helps.