please help......how do I change ${error}

unplugged_web

Okay I've never used JSP pages in my life before, but I'm now working on some pages that somebody else has built to help me learn how it all works. I need to change an error message that can be displayed on the page. I've included the section of html below, but I don't know how to change the actual error messageThanksLucy

<spring:bind path="*">	<c:if test="${status.error}">	<div class="error-box">	<ul>		<c:forEach items="${status.errorMessages}" var="error">		<li>${error}</li>		</c:forEach>	</ul>		</div>	</c:if>	</spring:bind>

You need to find the definition of the error. What you see here is JSP's elements, not a real JSP code.Try to find every occurance of "<%" and search within it... in all files involved.By the way, that's just a personal preference, but, if you're forced on using a JAVA based language, aim for ColdFusion instead. It's a lot easier in comparrison to JSP (says someone that only has REALLY basic knowledge of both).

You need to find the definition of the error. What you see here is JSP's elements, not a real JSP code.Try to find every occurance of "<%" and search within it... in all files involved.By the way, that's just a personal preference, but, if you're forced on using a JAVA based language, aim for ColdFusion instead. It's a lot easier in comparrison to JSP (says someone that only has REALLY basic knowledge of both).
Thanks I'll look for <% in the files then

I'm back again, sorry. I searched the entire site for <% and came up with a few includes.jsp, but that was it. I didn't find anthing that looked like it could be the error message. Would all of the error messages be in one file and what kind of file might that be (ie: xml, jsp etc)?ThanksLucy

Depends on how the error message was set up. If your "jsp" files were configured to upload a PHP file onload of an error message then you should look for .php tags. Same with HTML, XHTML, CSS, + many more. Check them all because they could all be possiblitys. If a code looks like it could upload a file on an error then search for the file and look inside it for any hints. Lemme know how that goes.

Depends on how the error message was set up. If your "jsp" files were configured to upload a PHP file onload of an error message then you should look for .php tags. Same with HTML, XHTML, CSS, + many more. Check them all because they could all be possiblitys. If a code looks like it could upload a file on an error then search for the file and look inside it for any hints. Lemme know how that goes.
Nope still no luck. I did find a .class file, but couldn't open it. It said that
the jar file couldn't be launched and to check the console for possible error messages
could tha be anything to do with it and how do I open it if it is?Sorry, but thanks for your help

Go to your error message pages and find the error that is to be loaded on error of whatever your problem is (im tired and forget). When or if you find the error page(s) then modify them so that you know what they mean. Then try to load the error message and see which one you get. Let me know which error message (if any) you get.

Go to your error message pages and find the error that is to be loaded on error of whatever your problem is (im tired and forget). When or if you find the error page(s) then modify them so that you know what they mean. Then try to load the error message and see which one you get. Let me know which error message (if any) you get.
Sorry to be such a nuisance, but that is what I'm having problems with - finding the files that have the error message. I've searched the entire site for the exact wording contained in the error message, but the results said that there wasn't a single occurance in the site. Could it be I don't have all of the files?

Archived