phishing site found in my web directory

zaniac

Hi,I thought I'd post this here, but was not 100% sure if this thread is really allowed.Basically I found an email from some security firm bdbrandprotect.com, in Canada telling me to remove a phishing site from my web directory. I use a host who has since removed the phishing scam from my directory. I'm no expert at security, but thought my host would be able to stop things like this, before it happens. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent such rogues from uploading onto my web directories?Any help, is greatly appreciated.:)

Do you manually check each submission?If you dont, then i'd suggest doing that. firefox has an add-on that detects phishing sites. If you dont use firefox (shame on you if you dont) then download it and install that add-on.:)

Yes, the best thing to do would be to make it so that you (or the admin group for the site) have to verify each link. Then you can use a tool (such as the FireFox addon) to check whether it is blacklisted.

Yes, the best thing to do would be to make it so that you (or the admin group for the site) have to verify each link. Then you can use a tool (such as the FireFox addon) to check whether it is blacklisted.
My website only consists of one page and that is a 'under construction' page. I have not modified it for a few months in any way. There are no forms either for my site, so I cannot understand how such a thing has happened.I have firefox as a web browser, but no add-ons installed.

Archived