Flash Stage Size

dnainby

I'm trying to create a flash .swf that covers 3072px in width (covers 3 screens at 1024px x 768px screen resolution). Flash will only let me enter a maximum of 2880px in the stage properties. Does anyone have any idea how i can get round this? Is it because i'm working on a 2 screen system and flash is interrogating my system properties to find out the resolution?Any help/ideas would be greatly recieveddan

Well, the only solution I see is to make two flash documents and put them into a page. There's a function from Flash 8 called localConnection() that allows two flash documents on screen to connect with eachother and pass information.

Is it because i'm working on a 2 screen system and flash is interrogating my system properties to find out the resolution?
Is your resolution on each monitor set to 1440 wide? The value of 2880x2880 is hardcoded into Flash, it's the maximum size for a movie. Since Flash is vector-based, you can create a movie that large and embed it on the page at a larger size. The graphics will scale up automatically, vector graphics won't lose any of their quality. If you have raster images or bitmaps they might look a little pixelated if you stretch the movie.

Well, the only solution I see is to make two flash documents and put them into a page. There's a function from Flash 8 called localConnection() that allows two flash documents on screen to connect with eachother and pass information.
cheers, I'll try localConnection(). Do u know if this function only works via a web server or can i use it locally?Thanks for your help

I'm afraid I don't program much ActionScript, but what I do know is that this should work between any two documents that are open at the same time, independently of where the files are located. One may be on a server while the other is on your computer.Use the flash help library for more information on localConnection.

Archived