adding new language

Vanessa

I was talking with a friend and was told that since FLASH is vetor based it doesn't like curved stuff too much and auto-corrects the font characters with tails and dots etc.If anyone has any ideas about how I can make Central Eurpean (ISO or Windows) Fonts work, please let me know. :) Greatly appriciated.V

I was talking with a friend and  was told that since FLASH is vetor based it doesn't like curved stuff too much and auto-corrects the font characters with tails and dots etc.If anyone has any ideas about how I can make Central Eurpean (ISO or Windows) Fonts work, please let me know. :) Greatly appriciated.V

you might not be able to do that... what you can try is get a desktop image grabbing program, like snagit! and type it in the font you want on like word2004 or somethin' then grab it and vector it. what that does is makes it really time consuming, but if it's what you really want then it's worth it

• 2 weeks later...

OK I don't quite know if you mean downloading a font and using it in flash or making your own font. I don't know about making your own, but if you know where to download the font download it and it will give you a zip file. I'm assuming you are using a windows operating system. Go to the zip file you downloaded and right click on it, choose EXTRACT ALL and an extraction wizard will pop up or somehting of that kind. After you hit OK it will give you a screen where you can choose where to extract the files and put them. Click browse and choose local drive (c drive, it's your hard drive) and clcik on Windows in the list, now click on fonts and hit ok. The files will be extracted and next time you open Flash you should see the font in the list unless you downloaded a bad zip. Also, you can't ever really add fonts to a PROGRAM, because programs generally derive their font list from your hard drive. So if you want a new font for it, just get the font into your hard drive as described above. If you have problems with this just e-mail me and i'll try to give you a better explenation.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem, I want to make a flash page in Hebrew, and for those of you who don't know Hebrew is writteng from right to left and not from left to right like English, when I write it I see it on the page from left to right for example- w3schools=sloohcs3w...only in Hebrew words... So I'm writing it from the last to the first letter of the word to solove the problem, but when I create a button I only see the right to left word when I'm using the on frame for the button, but when the mouse is off I see it from left to right.

I also have this problem, I want to make a flash page in Hebrew, and for those of you who don't know Hebrew is writteng from right to left and not from left to right like English, when I write it I see it on the page from left to right for example- w3schools=sloohcs3w...only in Hebrew words... So I'm writing it from the last to the first letter of the word to solove the problem, but when I create a button I only see the right to left word when I'm using the on frame for the button, but when the mouse is off I see it from left to right.

Like I said, Snagit and vector it... it's a great tool