add record to MS Database

nemo

I'm tying to add to access database but I'm always getting an error. but if I changes the variavles in the VALUES by constants it worked fineAny help is appriciatedhere is the code<script runat="server">Private Sub Insertguest(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)SqlDataSource1.Insert()End Sub ' Insertguest</Script><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ><head id="Head1" runat="server"><title>Untitled Page</title></head><body> <asp:SqlDataSourceid="SqlDataSource1"runat="server"ProviderName="System.Data.Odbc"DataSourceMode="DataSet"ConnectionString="dsn=eventdb;"SelectCommand="SELECT GuestLastName, GuestFirstName, Guestsufix FROM guest"Insertcommand="INSERT INTO guest (GuestLastName,GuestFirstName,Guestsufix) VALUES (@lstName,@firstname,@suff)"><insertparameters><asp:formparameter name="lstName" FormField="SPLastname" Type="String" /><asp:formparameter name="firstname" formfield="SPFirstName" Type="String" Size="22" /><asp:formparameter name="suff" formfield="SPSuffix" Type="String" Size="22" /></insertparameters></asp:SqlDataSource><p><asp:Button ID="spsubmit" runat="server" Style="z-index: 106; left: 35px; position: absolute;top: 421px" Text="Sumit"onclick="InsertGuest" />

what is contained in the eventdb variable???This is a sample of an Access connection string I use

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;data source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\........\tpc.mdb

I haven't used this new control yet...you are using .Net 2.0 right???

what is contained in the eventdb variable???This is a sample of an Access connection string I use
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;data source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\........\tpc.mdb

I haven't used this new control yet...you are using .Net 2.0 right???

eventdb points to the physical database on the local drive. I'm not sure but I have the fellimg that the problem in the VALUES ( @lstName,@firstname,@suff) because if I tried VALUES ( 'last test','first test','suff test') that will work fine and add record to the table

Okay that sounds logical. Did you get this code form a tutorial??? If so please provide the link to it.Have you used an approach like this before? Did it work? Can you post some code from that.I am sorry I haven't been more help...I have not used this control yet (I'm still in transition from 1.1 to 2.0).

Okay that sounds logical. Did you get this code form a tutorial??? If so please provide the link to it.Have you used an approach like this before? Did it work? Can you post some code from that.I am sorry I haven't been more help...I have not used this control yet (I'm still in transition from 1.1 to 2.0).

thanks anyway if I figured it out I'll post the sokution