.htaccess HATES my site in Opera and Safari

Kovo

Heres is my htaccess file.. REAL SIMPLE

<Files .htaccess>order allow,denydeny from all</Files>ErrorDocument 404 /kovo.ca/error/error404.php

Now, if you visit www.kovo.ca on Opera or Safari, the rror pages show up BEHIND THE CONTENT and u can see it! in ff and ie, its not thereIF i change it to: ErrorDocument 404 /error/error404.php (remove /kovo.ca)Opera and safari no longer show it BUT ff and ie doso Im in a cache 22, and it only ever happens to me :)

Strage. This is a server configuration, so it should have had the same effect on all browsers.Well... try to explicitly use a filepath instead of the URL by enclosing the path in quotes, and prefixing it with the path to your document root.

Strage. This is a server configuration, so it should have had the same effect on all browsers.Well... try to explicitly use a filepath instead of the URL by enclosing the path in quotes, and prefixing it with the path to your document root.
When I put it in quotes, It just outputs text: http://www.kovo.ca/dsf

BTW: If I change from ErrorDocument 404 /kovo.ca/error/error404.php to ErrorDocument 500 /kovo.ca/error/error404.phpIt no longer shows up in safari or opera...but then I odnt have a custom 404 error page :)

Strage. This is a server configuration, so it should have had the same effect on all browsers.
You'd think. I just ran into a problem a couple months ago where the .htaccess file had a different effect on Win vs Mac systems. Even with Safari on both, Safari on Win failed and Safari on Mac worked.

Archived