feed back

Mr-Antony

Moved to appropriate forumIt is a nice clean design that is easy to navigate. These qualities are the foundation of good design. More could be done to make the site more "pretty" but is not necessary and in this situation would not be wanted.Good job.

Moved to appropriate forumIt is a nice clean design that is easy to navigate. These qualities are the foundation of good design. More could be done to make the site more "pretty" but is not necessary and in this situation would not be wanted.Good job.
thx thats all i wanted to hear :)

You could maybe do something more with the banner, such as making it slightly bigger and/or choosing a more visually exciting font..?Other than that, I agree with aspnetguy.

Pretty sweet, actually. A very clean design. It tells me the school is serious and modern. FWIW, on the 'office' page, the bulleted items show up slightly to the left of your viewing area; the bullets are halfway into the shadow. I'm using Firefox 2/11 for the Mac.

Loads a bit slowly on my computer... but then, I have a 28.8 kbps connection, so...I would suggest making thumbnails of those pictures on the front page so they load faster.

Hi. I liked your clean and 'simple' (calm on top but paddling like mad below water) design. Personally I do not like sites which have too much going on or the colours do not balance. That said, I do think it needs a visual lift to make you want to read it. (it is only a personal view and is not meant to sound critical) The Prospectus section should grab the viewer immediately particually as this is the first part of the page which the viewer see's. Why should they read this??. My approach would be similar to yours but I would have added an interesting headline between 'prospectrus' and the start of the text. Could be something crass like "Head Teacher finally has her say!" this could have been rendered in 'h2' teal and underlined in 2px black and centered. On a site such as this I would ' Think newspaper / magazine'. For readability you could also have set this paragraph/text into 2 'floated' boxes?. Also I dont think that the links you have included actually do anything for the site and the other school links could be on an 'inside' page. I think you would be better served to link to maths for kids, and education/fun type sites. Why is this school better than the others? Also where is the ofsted report. Who teaches there; what 'something' special do the teachers bring to the school - ie does one speak russian or play netball for the county? that sort of thing. You've choosen a newspaper style approach, maybe you need to continue that idea literally. Also the art gallery needs a lot of work but I like the potential. Good luck. :)

Hi. I liked your clean and 'simple' (calm on top but paddling like mad below water) design. Personally I do not like sites which have too much going on or the colours do not balance. That said, I do think it needs a visual lift to make you want to read it. (it is only a personal view and is not meant to sound critical) The Prospectus section should grab the viewer immediately particually as this is the first part of the page which the viewer see's. Why should they read this??. My approach would be similar to yours but I would have added an interesting headline between 'prospectrus' and the start of the text. Could be something crass like "Head Teacher finally has her say!" this could have been rendered in 'h2' teal and underlined in 2px black and centered. On a site such as this I would ' Think newspaper / magazine'. For readability you could also have set this paragraph/text into 2 'floated' boxes?. Also I dont think that the links you have included actually do anything for the site and the other school links could be on an 'inside' page. I think you would be better served to link to maths for kids, and education/fun type sites. Why is this school better than the others? Also where is the ofsted report. Who teaches there; what 'something' special do the teachers bring to the school - ie does one speak russian or play netball for the county? that sort of thing. You've choosen a newspaper style approach, maybe you need to continue that idea literally. Also the art gallery needs a lot of work but I like the potential. Good luck. :)
ty rayh that was the thing i was looking for will try this thanks once again

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that sort of copying? After all the Badsley Moor site is

© 2008 M.Antony(supported by R.Mappin)

Actually, the site posted here for feedback was "copyright" in 2008

Simple Blog 1.0Filesize: 17.1 kb Date Added: Oct-23-2006A fixed width, 2 column template. Suitable for blog.
straight from the page where that template was released, where it says right on it that it was posted in 08, meaning that this person is copying the template, not the other way around.

Archived