PERL Forum

scott100

A subforum looks just like a regular forum. The difference is that you make the superordinate forum functions as a category. Like, have you ever clicked on one of the category names?Server Scripting Categoryhttp://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=31
I see... well... then it's just an unnecessary complexity for Perl-ers. Oh well, serves them good :) . I still think a Python subforum is not needed, and having only one (Perl) subforum is an unnecessary complexity - therefore having one "CGI/Perl/Python" forum seems best. In any case, do whatever you and the rest of the mods believe is best (the end result doesn't affect me or my experience in this forum anyway).

Thank you, Jonas. It looks good. And to me not confusing.biggrin.gifFWIW, I think it might be a teeny bit confusing for newbies, having to navigate down one more level. But not a lot. And anyway, is that really how people use these forums? I show up and "view new posts." The forum name and the topic tells me if I want to read any particular post. So I'm not really navigating. The other thing I do is a keyword search. Also, not navigating. YMMV.

• 7 years later...

Hello,

I don't see much activity is quite a while. I'm a Perl person first then, PHP5. Too bad they never created a tutorial like they did with PHP for Perl.

I have a project coming up and originally my thoughts were to do it in Perl/CGI but, I bounce back and forth liking what I see in PHP5. My limitations are we have an older version of PHP5 with no plans to ever upgrade. We currently are using PHP Version 5.2.6-3ubuntu4. Anyway I learned Perl first and have been working with Perl for more than a year now.

Well, I wanted to say hello and let anyone know that Perl is not dead.

My limitations are we have an older version of PHP5 with no plans to ever upgrade. We currently are using PHP Version 5.2.6

That's not a good situation, you're coming up on 10 years old for PHP 5.2. You're missing out on a lot of new features and improvements. I'm just now upgrading all of our servers from 5.4 to 5.6 with an eye towards PHP 7.