<div> tag problems

Cezphus

Looks to me like you need an extra /div on the end of the following:

long_code_here = ';<div id="nav"><div id="navtxt">  <div class="navtxt"><center>habbo rares | habbo uk | habbo us | habbo ca | habbo au | habbo sg | habbo international</center></div></div>

You have 3 x div and only 2 x /div so the rest of the page thinks it's in the navigation pane.Regards,Laurie.

Sorry mate. Sure looks wrong to me.I see that the placing of divs looks odd, further down the page also. Check out whether they are correct.Laurie.

Now Cez,I've had another look at your code in both the CSS and BODY. I think you have a number of things way up the spout.Try the code as I've redone it.

long_code_here = ';body {	width:630px;	margin:0 auto;	background-attachment: scroll;	background-position: left top;	background-image: url(images/bodybackground.png);	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	color: #FFFFFF;}#leftbar {	background-image: url(images/leftbar.png);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	background-position: left top;	height: 800px;	width: 20px;	border-left-width: 1px;	border-left-style: solid;	border-left-color: #000000;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;	float: left;	display: block;}#topbar {	background-color: #5C7D98;	height: 32px;	width: 606px;	float: left;	border-bottom-width: 1px;	border-bottom-style: solid;	border-bottom-color: #000000;	display: block;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;}#banner {	background-color: #FFFFFF;	float: left;	height: 190px;	width: 606px;	display: block;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;}#split {	background-color: #5C7D98;	width: 606px;	float: left;	height: 20px;	display: block;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;}#copyright {	background-image: url(images/copyright3.png);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	height: 21px;	width: 606px;	float: left;	border-top-width: 1px;	border-top-style: solid;	border-top-color: #000000;}#nav {	background-image: url(images/nav2.png);	background-repeat: no-repeat;	height: 22px;	width: 606px;	float: left;	display: block;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;}#contentbg {      background-image: url(images/content3.png);	background-color: #7C98AF;	float: left;	height: 532px;	width: 606px;	display: block;	border-right-width: 1px;	border-right-style: solid;	border-right-color: #000000;}#latestupdates {	background-image: url(images/subnav.png);	float: left;	height: 328px;	width: 171px;	margin-left: 7px;	display: inline;#stats {background-image: url(images/stats.png);float: left;height: 184px;width: 171px;margin-left: 7px;display: inline;clear: both;}#content {        background-color: #7C98AF;	height: 512px;	width: 411px;	margin-left: 8px;	float: left;	clear: right;	display: block;}.navtxt {	color: #FFFFFF;	margin-top: 3px;        margin-bottom: 3px;	margin-left: 6px;	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 9px;}.headingtxt {	color: #FFFFFF;	margin-top: 8px;	margin-left: 3px;	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 14px;}.boxtxt {	margin-top: 20px;	color: #FFFFFF;	margin-left: 5px;	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 9px;}.copyrighttxt {	font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 9px;	color: white;	margin-left: 3px;	margin-top: 2px;}

long_code_here = ';<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>Habbo Rares</title><link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><div id="leftbar"></div><div class="headingtxt" id="topbar"></div><div id="banner"></div><div id="split"></div><div class="navtxt" id="nav"><center>habbo rares | habbo uk | habbo us | habbo ca | habbo au | habbo sg | habbo international</center></div><div id="contentbg"></div><div class="boxtxt" id="latestupdates">  Latest updates here </div><div class="boxtxt" id="content">  Content here. If you would like to lower textt or move it more the right simply change the margain-left and margain-top pixel values of that ID or Class. </div><div class="copyrighttxt" id="copyright">  <center>Copyright 2004 Sulake, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission. | Disclaimer</center></div></div></div></body></html>

I see that you had a background image in the content and also a background color in the contentbg. The background color was bigger than the content. Maybe you were trying to have an overall background color and an image only in the content. If this is the case, then you went about it wrong.The background color should be in a div called #container in the stylesheet.In the body, first thing after <body> you should have

<div container>

followed by all the other stuff, and then at the bottom of the page, you should have

</div></body></html>

If this is what you were trying to do, you'll need to make some adjustments to my version of your code.Check that I have the div and /divs right at the bottom.You need more information in your head section.In stylesheet you don't have any headings. You should use heading text for your headings for SEO purposes.Please don't be offended by the following: Looks to me like you've downloaded a template from the web and in doing so have taken on something beyond you at this stage. Either get stuck into the W3C tutorials or go for a more basic setup. You need to learn to do your own coding which ever way you choose to go.Please let me know how you get on with it. I've put a lot of effort into this.Regards,Laurie.