How does this site look?

clbembry

I've just started on a website. I want to know your thoughts about how it is coming along. Most of the layout is done. I just need to add content. I've only been learning html + css for about 4 months on and off, which explains why this website isn't very good. And my 13 year old brain isn't very good.The link: http://www.j3msoft.com

Its a very nice design. pleasing to look at and all.did you make the design yourself? cause it kinda looks like a modified template.for horizontal lists, your can use an unordered list (<ul>). then use css to make it inline.

#div ul {	margin-left:0px;	padding-left:0px;	display: inline;}#div ul li {	margin-left:0px;	padding:3px 15px;	list-style: none;	display: inline;}#div ul li.first {	margin-left: 0;	list-style: none;	display: inline;}

using css to make your nav bars will make it easier to add another page if you ever want too.also, what did you use to make the header. it looks very nice.

Nice. Can't say 220.94 KB is a good size for a website's image through - at 56 kb/s that banner would take ~ 45 seconds to load!

PNG is fine (after all they are Portable Network Graphics :) ), you just need to fiddle with the compression settings when you export the image. GIFs used to be the most common for web graphics, but they can only go up to 8 bit color depth so for that image PNG would be better. You can also try reducing the color depth to 24 bit and seeing how that looks.

Plus, Gimp is free. I like the layout, it's very pleasing to the eye. I also like the graphic at the bottom. It makes me happy.An idea for content would be to have an announcement list on Games for PS3, Wii, Xbox360, whatever your system of choice, or even a critique page on those games or something.

Thanks for the advice.However this website is mainly about the games that we've created. But seeing as most of our visitors are going to be from our school, we might want to give are opinions on video games and other topics.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I would like to say that the site looks great, and the Pyrochild type header and footer look great (He'll know what I mean, as I am as well a Paint.NET user.. and he must know what I mean if he is the one using it..)all-together a pretty well designed and developed site. :)

I don't like the header. Attracts waaay too much attention to. I find it hard to read the content of the site with that header within my site. Change it to something less taxing to look at. Same goes for the footer I suppose...It's practically the same image.Also you have way too much drop shadow. Try reducing the distance, because it looks really fake as is and also attracts too much attention.Besides that, great job!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work on the site. Only criticism I'd like to add (besides the busy header and footer) is that the red text on the 'download' buttons is a tad hard to read. It blends too much with the gray background. Perhaps you should choose a different shade of red or change to another color. (White maybe, like the top menu).Anyone else feel the same or is it just my eyes and/or monitor?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived