Browser resolution

RedSkwirrell

Hi all,1st time poster so please bear with me. I checked the tutorials (and other sites) but couldn't find my answer. Just wondering if any of you folks can help.I want to publish a webiste that will display in whatever resolution the browser is set to. IE: If I compose the background site images as 1024x768 px, I want it to re-size in browsers set to 800x600 px or 1280x960 px (stretch, or shrink, as necessary).Is it possible to control this using HTML or CSS code, or another way?I saw a method (years ago mind you) to determine the preset resolutions of visiting browsers, but I don't really want to publish loads of different sized sites and then re-direct according to every visitors' resolution.The only method I've managed to come up with is to compose everything as 800x600 and to display a header image at the top and in the centre of the page with a CSS repeating image beneath. It works for the height of the page, or the width depending on the CSS command, but not both together.I'm posting this in the HTML and CSS sections as I'm not sure which would be appropriate. Apologies at once if I have defiled the forum and should be executed. Did I mention Skwirrells are the exeCutest? :)