Play swf files in Sequence and Audio in Parallel. How?

thurai

I would like to play three Shockwave Flash Files (*.swf) in sequence. It was too big to be a single file. So i has to break it up into three.Also I would like to play an Audio (*.wav) in parallel with these.How can I do it?Regards,Thurai

That's not possible, because everything in the site gets executed the moment it loads.I don't know how much flash you know, but maybe you can try the following:Have the audio in one flash file somewhere away from the main one, have your main flash file tell the other one when to play the sound with localConnection(). Then, when the flash file gets to its last frame, load the second flash file into the first one (I forget the function name, I don't use flash much, I think it's loadMovie()), and the second one does the same to load the third file.

That's not possible, because everything in the site gets executed the moment it loads.I don't know how much flash you know, but maybe you can try the following:Have the audio in one flash file somewhere away from the main one, have your main flash file tell the other one when to play the sound with localConnection(). Then, when the flash file gets to its last frame, load the second flash file into the first one (I forget the function name, I don't use flash much, I think it's loadMovie()), and the second one does the same to load the third file.
Inglome, What is the syntax in smil html or php or javascript for loadmovie(), lodmovienum(),localconnection()?Regards,Thurai

The language I was talking about was ActionScript, for flash. I haven't programmed in it in a very long time, but the syntax for all the functions is in the flash help.When editing flash movies, press F9 to write in ActionScript. If you don't know actionscript I can't help you more with this. Write the function (for example: localConnection()) and press F1 to see information on how to use it.HTML, PHP and Javascript can't solve your problem, and I haven't looked much at SMIL but I doubt it's any use either.

You don't need to use localConnection, you can have 1 file with 2 layers, where 1 layer loads and plays the audio movie and the other layer plays the first video movie in the sequence. You still need to use MovieClip.loadMovie though.

The language I was talking about was ActionScript, for flash. I haven't programmed in it in a very long time, but the syntax for all the functions is in the flash help.When editing flash movies, press F9 to write in ActionScript. If you don't know actionscript I can't help you more with this. Write the function (for example: localConnection()) and press F1 to see information on how to use it.HTML, PHP and Javascript can't solve your problem, and I haven't looked much at SMIL but I doubt it's any use either.
Thanks Inglome.Regards,Thurai

Archived