2D game

Html

Err... what is "the gfx" and "classic lines"?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using what engine? With canvas you have to begin a path, then move the caret from the start of your line to the end

context.beginPath();context.moveTo(0,0); //Move the caret to (0,0) as the beginning of the linecontext.lineTo(100,100); //Draw a line to (100,100)

You'll need to calculate the co-ordinates. I would draw the bottom line first, and remember it will be (length * the square root of 3) units tall.

function drawTriangle(context, x, y, width, filled) {	context.beginPath();	var height = Math.floor(width * Math.sqrt(3))	context.moveTo(x,y+height);	context.lineTo(x+width, y+height);	context.lineTo(x+Math.floor(width / 2), y);	if (filled) context.fill();	else {		context.closePath();		context.stroke();	}}

Apparently I need to log in to view that page :)

Are you sure?

Not FoundThe requested URL was not found on this server.Apache Server at schoolsareforfish.net

That's a cool game :)Though I can't say my chances of winning were too attractive at 0.07716049382716049% lolI like the fact that you can get the info by clicking the buttons on the left

Well its sort of discouraging but with a bit more information I suppose it will be fine.

Well, you'll have to give each of the objects a defined position (X and Y).Then you have to make an algorhithm that tells the program that while the object's X is greater than the other object's X, keep subtracting 1 pixel to the X value, while the object's X is less than the other object's X, keep adding 1 pixel to the X value. Do the same with the Y values. As for detecting collision, it's a little complicated. The simplest way, would be to say that when the X position of the object is equal to the X position of the other object AND the Y position of the object is equal to the Y position of the other object, then they have collided. Of course, this means that they'll only actually "collide" once they're inside eachother. A more complex collision test is hard to explain, but try to visualize it in your head and come up wtih the solution yourself.

Archived