News Ticker:

Williams4444

Hi Guys...New Member here needing help!!But firstly let me just say a great site w3schools is, it has really helped me to understand HTML better!!But...I really want to make a news twicker for my website, to run underneath the header which I can edit daily?but everything I attempt to make one it goes wrong, so do any of yous know any good tutorials or software I can use to make such a news twicker?!?ThanksMarie

You're going to need javascript to work with it. I really don't want to go build something like that right now, but after you've looked through the Javascript tutorial you should be able to take the following steps:1. Create an Array with each news link.2. Use setTimeout() to make the news object move into and out of the viewport.3. Detect when the object has moved ouside the viewport and then switch to the next array element and repeat the process4. Once you reach the end of the array tell it to return to the first array elementTo understand this you need complete knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript.

You're going to need javascript to work with it. I really don't want to go build something like that right now, but after you've looked through the Javascript tutorial you should be able to take the following steps:1. Create an Array with each news link.2. Use setTimeout() to make the news object move into and out of the viewport.3. Detect when the object has moved ouside the viewport and then switch to the next array element and repeat the process4. Once you reach the end of the array tell it to return to the first array elementTo understand this you need complete knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript.
oooohhh sounds very complicated... i'll have a go...ThanksMarie

<marquee> isn't even deprecated because it never was a standard to begin with (In other words, best not to use it).Your second suggestion works on basically the same principle I was mentioning in my previous post.In any case, I always want to do things on my own, and I try to teach web languages and how to convert ideas into code.

Archived