load .swf before HTML content?

incorruptus

you could probably preload your .swf in the same way as preloading images via javascript, but you should think about having a simple preloader bar for each swf, if you're wanting to preload them then I guess it's because otherwise they take longer to appear, but if you preload it before outputting html then instead of a few white holes in your page (buttons.... whatever .swf) your whole page would be white, if you have a preloader bar inside the .swf on the first frame then we would see them load and then not ask ourselves if there's something missing

You can have a page with the flash document in it, and at the end of the animation the flash document uses getURL() (ActionScript) to load another page.

Oh, ok, so basically I would have a sort of "intro" page for each animation seperate to the "actual" page?That makes sense!I'll try that!Thanks

You can have a page with the flash document in it, and at the end of the animation the flash document uses getURL() (ActionScript) to load another page.

Archived