A site I'm working on

Steven

Here's a website I'm working on for a friend's work, located right now at my personal space for testing purposes, but let me know what you think/would suggest for the layout, design, color scheme and typography:http://www.theudo.net/walkonleather/index.php - note that not all pages have the same structure because it is still in progress, but the index.php is what I am envisioning for the final.

It looks good. I would make the text just a tad darker because you don't have a very good foreground/background seperation thus making my eyes squint when reading.Also, check your source code. You have two sets of DocType, two sets of <head> tags and two sets of <body> tags. Check the code between them to make sure you don't remove what you need to keep. Otherwise, those extra codes needs to be removed.Looks like he has some really good stuff. Have you thought about implementing an ecommerce store/shopping cart? I have done a few where I have intergrated the ecommerce software into an existing design and have it flow seamlessly from the main site to the store.

One usability suggestion: On the left navigation make the product headlines 'SADDLES', 'DRIVING HARNESS' etc. links to the product pages too, not the just the 'more...' links. When you scan the page the headlines are what you see first and what you're most likely to click. (I did) You don't really see the 'more...' link at first glance.

One usability suggestion: On the left navigation make the product headlines 'SADDLES', 'DRIVING HARNESS' etc. links to the product pages too, not the just the 'more...' links. When you scan the page the headlines are what you see first and what you're most likely to click. (I did) You don't really see the 'more...' link at first glance.
I agree with wolven. The titles on the left should be turned into links to keep users from having to investigate the site just to navigate it.Also, it would be nice if the part you titled "Subject to change.", that appears at the bottom of each page, was stuck to the bottom of the page instead of floating up when the content doesn't push it down.

Sounds good, I like the suggestions.

Also, it would be nice if the part you titled "Subject to change.", that appears at the bottom of each page, was stuck to the bottom of the page instead of floating up when the content doesn't push it down.
How do I do that? I always have trouble with getting things to stick to the bottom of a page element.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks very professional. The background and main content flow well together. The links at the top should draw more attention to themselves. Besides that, it looks very neat and organized.

Archived