Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalos

Define elements with same name and different structure (Type)

Guest kalos

Hi all,I know the "Consistent element's definition" rule in xml W3C schema-language, and so I experiment the difficulties of defining an element that contains two other elements with same name but different types. A thing like

<A>  <B x="...">	...  </B>  <B y="...">   ...  </B></A>

With first end second B having different attributes end/or childs. Of course I can define it using che "choice" or "substitution-groups" language-constructs, but what if I have to fix some constraints about each of B's, like some order, occurrence or attribute values and types? Could I anyway define, really differents B's type, an then use o reference that definitions? Thank you all in advance for any suggestion.Kalos

I guess it could be possible if you make sure to use local declarations (no ref) for at least one of the B element, and you make sure that the two elements with the same name are declared in a precise order in your xml schema declaration so that your .xsd know which <B..> he's refering to.