My web site

Natechs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm... do you want some suggestions? I'm a bit bored :)Design* The site really isn't very interesting or eye-catching at the moment. Its just white text on a black background... try to include some graphical elements. I suppose this is what your page needs the most. Its just... plain now.* Nice to see you haven't used tables :) however the white borders remind me of table borders. Try making them a darker shade of grey* The contrast on hovered menu items is a bit low. Try darkening the text.Content* Try spellchecking your pages - though I suppose you are only 13, we can forgive you :mellow:* "My services are free but so will be $5 a page" - ?

"My services are free but so will be $5 a page" - ?
I clicked "Check it out", and from there, it seems his services are free now, but will soon be $5 a page. :)

By the way I also suggest you get a different host, there are lots of good ones out there with more space and bandwidth than Geocities, and still for free, and with no ads :) I recommend Freehostia, but for other opinions check out this thread: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3770

I clicked "Check it out", and from there, it seems his services are free now, but will soon be $5 a page. :)
Ah ok. Well, those two letters make all the difference...

Well not much comments on design, but liked the work as it did not lacked in following basic rules. CSS and XHTML validation links at bottom made me feel good as at 13 a person generally doesn't think about the stuff. Nice begining! :)

That's cool, I'm twelve, but I have to say that the web page can be done in Notepad as well. As far as the source code looks like, you used an application like DW/Frontpage.

On the bottom of this page:http://h1.ripway.com/ncwebdesign/services.htmlyou say:"If the form doesn't work, just send me a text file with your request."If I hire you, should I expect the same of the contact form you build me? Think of creative ways to avoid these types of statements. And as a user, how would I know if the form doesn't work? I'll know if it breaks, but I can create an HTML page that posts to another page that doesn't break and doesn't send a message - so did it work?For instance:"I strive to reply to inquires within one business day. If you have not heard back from me, please send me an e-mail at youremail-AT-yourdomain.com.""I've implemented fairly strict spam filters on this form. If your reply address is aol.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, or if you've simply not heard back from me within one business day, please send me an e-mail at youremail-AT-yourdomain.com."I think you see what I mean. Never leave your visitor or potential clients with any doubt that you can do the job - even if your 13.Great work

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see, I have switched my code to XHTML 1.0 Strict and it is valid! Look for more updates soon!

I totally recoded and updated the whole site. I personally think it is my best design yet.
Looks better I would center that logo... And I'm not impressed with the fact that your container is one huge white image set as the background..

Not bad at all. I dont do stars or point values, but the site itself is very straight forward and easy to navigate. Can't really think of much else a site needs to be.Look forward to seeing any non-personal sites you come up with. I recommend you make a page dedicated to a favoirte game or sport, maybe even a team(watch copyrights).Other than that, nothing else to say really, except nice job.

I might be a little bit selfish, but the new site's Navigation is inspired from my website :) I find myself unable to understand the *.php extension, as the page does not look like requiring PHP.The design is a little bit 80s, especially because of the header's used font.

I find myself unable to understand the *.php extension, as the page does not look like requiring PHP.
He probably includes the header and footer.
The design is a little bit 80s, especially because of the header's used font.
Show me one example of a website that was made in the 1980s :)

He probably includes the header and footer.
I don't see any get_footer, or something like that.
Show me one example of a website that was made in the 1980s :)
I was talking about the header's font. In the 80s or 90s, there were those graffiti in LA especially, which look like his header :)

I don't see any get_footer, or something like that.
That's because you can't see any server-side code in the generated source...

I do include the footer and the header. Also, if you have been following, I switched my background to black and change a bunch of my CSS. :)

Updated my content and added some buttons to the menu. Only thing is I can't bold the text so I un-bolded the rest of my text.

Archived