My web site

Natechs

It doesn't fit horizontally on a 1024px wide screen. Also, your banner is centered, but the body is left-aligned...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color-wise, you could try something like yellow, magenta, or maybe having fun and giving one a sort of negative effect.

Color-wise, you could try something like yellow, magenta, or maybe having fun and giving one a sort of negative effect
I added magenta to the array of colors.
Well, uhh Idk what to say. It's not such a great site, even for a 13 year old. I'm 14 and can sure as heck make a better site than that.
I'm sure you can. Have anything about the design or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Check your website again. Two pages (About and Contact Me!) aren't working, the Projects page can't find two images, and... overall, the design does not convince me to hire you.Try creating a layout, and then code it. Or ask someone to create the layout for you. I'm not that much of a designer either, but I've got a friend who creates layouts, and I code them. It's easy and better, I'd say.

it appears your contact form doesn't attempt to validate itself. Not a biggie, but you say thank you even if no one has sent anything to you.

Yeah I just fixed that. I validates fine now. I was because I was dealing with directories (which BTW is not the way to go) so it didn't work. It is fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: Redesigned and recoded entire site and updated portfolio. Hope you guys approve. I was going on the more dark side and lighter on fancy images.

I guess you've messed up something in PhotoShop, because I don't believe the navigation bar was supposed to be like that when you pass your cursor over.Also, I suggest you make the links easier to find. For example, when I have had a look over your Portfolio, it was hard for me to see that there were some links.I don't like the forms either. I personally hate the dotted borders, and I also don't like it when the backgrounds change. I suggest you create a simple border, with a light gray, and a cool color when you click the link.

@ 23.12.2012: What browser are you using? I have tested it in (on Windows): Mozilla Firefox 3.2.1, Internet Explorer 7, Safari 3.1.2, Opera 9.51, and Google Chrome. And Safari on the Mac.@ KillCode: Thanks. :)

It's not related to the web browser, but just in case, I'm using FF2 @XP.I think you've got it wrong: the nav problem is that when I pass the cursor over, I think that the button should be transparent.Also, the links should differ from the main font formatting.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you made your blog! :)

I really don't like www. at the beginning of my domain name ncwebdesigner.info. SO DON'T DO IT!
You can force a redirection if clients use the www. with mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.ncwebdesigner\.info$ [NC]RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://ncwebdesigner.info/$1 [R=301,L]

You asked me how to create a blog once, didn't you? It's nice to see that you did it by yourself. Lots of the techniques I used can be found on my blog, however, such as the flood control, pagination, and the captcha.http://www.roundeddesign.com/blog/?category=10

I already did it using that technique. Thanks.Yeah. I took the Kure blog system and totally rewrote it for my own needs.I also searched for a comments system and found one.

• 1 month later...

Hey whats up Nate!I like the rollover style when you rollover the text field it changes to whiteYou hand coded it pretty good!The Navigation text is too big [ Home About Contact Archives ] Not feeling the background color [ #333333 ] I was thinking why dont you make the background black and make the text color white?In your posts try adding images. In this page I like the tutorial but try making it more visual. I think it would make the readers understand the coding better [http://ncwebdesigner.info/web-design/how-to-develop-a-menu-with-an-unordered-list/]Please dont write about these kind of things [eg: http://ncwebdesigner.info/life/adios/ ] Its really not necessary LOL!Your not doing too bad! Keep up the good work and best of luck man I wish you the best!

Hi Nathan,I have checked your site, to tell you the truth, the theme is okay it is very clean, neat, I guess this is what you really want your audience to see, but I guess for some this isn't what they expect if, especially from a designer who caters design. I like it's simplicity and for what I see you're still learning just like me. :)

Archived