.html and .htm

The-Eagle-Eye

technically, there is a difference - spelling.:)seriously thought, thre used to be a time when it mattered. I'm not 100% on the facts or history behind it, so this recollection could be a little off.First, .htm is a Microsoft thing - it had always been .html. The reason why Microsoft pushed the .htm was becuase the older version of the real//underlying operating system DOS could not (or did not) accommodate any extension longer than 3 characters. This was a time when DOS also would not (or could not) handle file names longer than eight characters - hence the Progr~1 notation for something we now see as Program Files.Other Operating systems like Linux never had to worry about this so many folks still use it - especially when hosting in that environment. The best extension is no extension at all:http://www.alistapart.com/stories/slashforward/There are many more articles on Search Engine Safe (SES) urls. You could google it if you really wanted to digress. On a side note, Cold Fusion is probably one of the most effective and most documented language that accommodates SES urls.:)

Why would you answering it instead of Skemcin have made any differance?

It wouldn't, but then I'd have something to do :(I just meant "too bad I got here late, no point in answering the question twice, so I can't answer it, too bad for me" :)I think you were reading my post a little too seriously :)