Sample (free) web service with custom soap header

rahulkrsap

Hi,To verify some concepts, I was trying to find a freely available web service which has got "Custom SOAP Header". I don't want to host a web service, as I don't have any application server on my system. Please direct me to some existing webservices which uses the soap headers.Best Regards,Rahul

I don't get it... could you please describe an actual scenario where you think this is what you need?

I don't get it... could you please describe an actual scenario where you think this is what you need?
Basically, I work on middleware area ( SAP XI to be precise). Now, soap adapter in SAP XI doesn't allow you to manipulate SOAP Header and hence to call any webservice which has a custom soap header (say for authentication purpose), I might have to utilize "nosoap" mode.I was looking for any webservice which uses custom soap header (for authentication or any thing else), so that I can run some sample scenarios and fix on a solution.So the soap requestr will look something like...<SOAP:Envelope> <SOAP:Header> <CustomTag1>fddgg</CustomTag1> <CustomTag2>uduh</CustomTag2> </SOAP:Header> <SOAP:Body> ....Some data ... </SOAP:Body></SOAP:Envelope>

Well, I don't know of such a web service, and honestly said, I doubt anyone on this forum knows of such.Try to search a UDDI respository of some sort.Or better yet, why not host a SOAP web service on your computer? Not having an application is not an excuse. There are ways you can do that even in languages that don't have a SOAP API. At the same time, all modern languages have a SOAP API, making things even easier.For example, PHP has a SOAP extension. It can run on Apache, so it's all free (I don't see any reason other than price that should be a showstopper).

Archived