content overrides footer

socken

On a test-page, as soon as I set the position of the content to absolute, the footer gets overriden. I need to set it to absolute, so I can use 'left: 300px' and the menu doesn't get touched by the content. is there something I should beware of?!?Thanks for any help!!

when you use absolute positions it is like you are putting a new layer over top of the page...that is why it overrides the footer. You will have to either set the footer as absolute under the iframe or set the iframe/div to be a specified height and set the overflow to auto.If you are refereing to the same page as in your previous post the footer is only being overridden in FF, IE is showing correctly (which means basically nothing since IE is quirky).

The reason some of the things you are doing don;t work in IE is becuase FF uses CSS2 while IE6 is still using CSS1 (min-width is not part of CSS1) so when IE7 comes out at the end of this year it will have full CSS2 support.

Hallelujah!!It defintely works in FF + IE. I used the following method:For Firefox, I set

#content {   min-height: 500px;}

because IE doesn't understand that, I use this 'hack':

* html #content { height:500px; }

Thanks again for your help! You lead me on the right path :)