Schema for this XML

id0

hi, i'm new to xml schema and i don't see a way to validate my xml file.here is 2 xml sample :

<liste>	<entete>		<colonne name="filename" />		<colonne name="size" />	</entete>	<item>		<filename>File 2</filename>		<size>14523</size>	</item>	<item>		<filename>File 3</filename>		<size>5901</size>	</item></liste>

and

<liste>	<entete>		<colonne name="filename" />		<colonne name="size" />		<colonne name="date" />		<colonne name="info" />	</entete>	<item>		<filename>File 2</filename>		<size>14523</size>		<date>01.01.01</date>		<info>new file</info>	</item>	<item>		<filename>File 3</filename>		<size>5901</size>		<date>02.02.02</date>		<info>old file</info>	</item></liste>

i need an XSD that can validate both xml and i don't see how to do that :) as u can see the attribute "name" on the "colonne" element gives the element name inside item element.any help is welcome, i'll continue searching for a solution on the web anyway.thks

There is no way to do that in XML Schema 1.0. I think XML Schema 1.1 will provide such a facility.

Well, you could have a basic, really loose schema against you could verify the document initially.Then, after analyzing the entete contents, you could generate a new schema with PHP, and validate against that. That's the first time I've ever thought about this, so doing it may not be as easy as it sounds, nor it will be efficient, but it sounds like something worth playing with.

yep, i also thought about making an xsd in php using the "entete" content to check if all the <item> element are well done. I'll try that tomorrow since i 've worked on something else today :)

Archived